|←||CI, Episode 6.16||→|
|Production number: 06016|
First aired: 27 February 2007
| Teleplay By|
Charlie Rubin & Warren Leight
Andre Belgrader & Jean de Segonzac
A friend of Logan's sneaks out of a hospital toxicology unit to report a murder to him - his own.
At first reporter Josh Lemle thought he was poisoned for a story he was doing on an oil pipeline in Europe involving government corruption. It turns out the true target was his long-time friend and sometimes lover, Rebecca Slater. Eventually, Rebecca is murdered, as is the hitman who murdered her. We never find out who the true suspects were and before he dies, Logan comforts Josh by saying Rebecca had let Josh know about her online files on purpose in case she was ever killed so he would be alive to write her story.
Main cast Edit
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Julianne Nicholson as Detective Megan Wheeler
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
Guest cast Edit
- Lee Tergesen as Josh Lemle
- Miriam Shor as Rebecca Slater
- Ned Eisenberg as Artie Ableson
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Stephen Beach as Nick Flanders
- Raymond McLeod as Yuri Kerensky
- Kristen Schaal as Alana Binder
- Edwin Sean Patterson as Leo Brezner / Andreas Mirko
- Linda Larkin as Miriam Lemle
- Nick Sullivan as Dr. Foster
- John Leonard Thompson as Dr. Anderson
- Lucas Savage as Kenny Lemle
- Maria Helan as Yolanda Septima
- Hudson Cooper as Detective Jefferies
- Anna Renee Moore as Sarah Myers
- Richard Hirschfeld as Detective Riche
- Bruce Faulk as Airport Cop
- Kathy Searle as Nurse
- Chris Bauer as Murtaugh
(Logan and Wheeler arrive at a safe house where they expected to encounter Rebecca Slater, but find her dead from a gunshot wound)
- Megan Wheeler: CSU's on its way with the ME...
- Mike Logan: Poor Josh. Last thing he needs to hear is that he outlived Rebecca.
- Artie Ableson: Naive Sarah Myers, in her glorious Palestinian solidarity red scarf, was set up to be martyred.
- Danny Ross: Then why wouldn't you and your PAC or the state of Israel want the whole world to know that?
- Artie Ableson: Because if people dig around, they're also gonna learn that Sarah Myers was a mole for Mossad. Israeli secret service.
- Danny Ross: The Israelis inadvertently shot their own spy, and created a martyr for the Palestinians?
- Artie Ableson: Mmm. (grim smile) Tell me that doesn't say Middle East all over it.
Background information and notes Edit
- The title "30" is also used to designate the end of a wire news story. In the context of the episode, it is used to signify the end of Lemle's life, as he was a reporter.
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|