|←||L&O, Episode 9.05||→|
|Production number: E0216|
First aired: 4 November 1998
| Written By|
After the detectives find a murdered postman and a woman who was left for dead in her apartment, the investigation leads to a serial killer and a surprise.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- Mark Blum as Attorney Frank Lazar
- Larry Clarke as Detective Morris LaMotte
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- J.K. Simmons as Dr. Emil Skoda
Guest cast Edit
- Barbara Andres as Anne O'Brien
- Jordan Bayne as Melody Kane
- Elizabeth Connors as Michelle Ashford
- Lee D'Angelo as Ms. Kurksman
- Christina Haag as Kitty Lansing
- Ayo Haynes as Natalie Antos
- Jenifer Krater as Diane Bauer
- Christopher Patrick Mullen as Matt Bergstrom
- Alexander Robert Scott as Michael Ashford
- Alison Sheehy as Morgan Bryant
- Lee Shepherd as Barry Kaufer
- John Leonard Thompson as Sam Franklin
- Lin Tucci as Amy Cardenas
- Clark Middleton as Ellis
- James Kall as Jean-Claude
- David Alan Basche as Ron
- [Carmichael wants to break the law to convict a serial killer]
- McCoy: The New York County District Attorney's Office can't - no, won't - knowingly convict a man of the wrong crime. What are you thinking?
- Carmichael: I'm just taking a page from the Jack McCoy playbook! Nobody gets to bend the rules but you?
- McCoy: I've bent the rules to convict the right person of the right crime. This isn't bending, it's turning the law against itself.
- Carmichael: You once hid a witness to get the result you wanted!
- McCoy: And I was wrong then. You're wrong now. Don't wait until until you're facing a disciplinary committee to realize it!
- Carmichael: A week from tomorrow, you'll be on a plane, sandwiched between 2 of Houston's finest.
- Bergstrom: [panicked] You can't do this!
- Carmichael: You'll have a speedy trial. Your lawyer will file a couple of appeals. He'll lose. And before you know it, bang, there's that pesky needle.
- Bergstrom: [to McCoy] What are you doing? You're just sitting there. Make her shut up!
- McCoy: Miss Carmichael...
- Carmichael: I'm not done. I'm going to be there, and if they'd let me do it, I'd push one of the plungers, and pray it's the one that delivers the fatal dose.
- Bergstrom: Get her out of here! Get her out!
- Carmichael: How does it feel, Mr. Bergstrom? You killed all those women, and now a woman is going to return the favor.
- Bergstrom: You won't...
- Carmichael: Pretty damn ironic, isn't it?
- Bergstrom: You won't kill me, I won't let you.
- Carmichael: Try and stop me.
- Bergstrom: I'll plead to one of the other ones. The one by the train tracks.
- Lazar: Hang on...
- McCoy: Murder-1, life without parole.
- Lazar: Mr. Bergstrom...
- Bergstrom: Yeah, okay! She doesn't say what happens to me!
- Carmichael: [pause] Fine. If you change your mind, I'll be waiting...
- Bergstrom: No, you sit! You listen to what I did to her. [with relish] I cut her, and she screamed. I burned her, and she screamed louder. I pushed my fist into her, and she passed out. I made her say she admired me. I had total control. Total.
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cards Edit
Pedrotti & Kerr
Les Bois Jolis
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|