|←||CI, Episode 8.13||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 19 July 2009
| Teleplay By|
Pamela J. Wechsler, Antoinette Stella, & Walon Green
Pamela J. Wechsler
When poker genius Josh loses $80,000 in a card game, his bookie forces him into collections to work off the losses; when Josh, expecting a blank, fires a gun while collecting money, a real bullet comes out of the weapon.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
Recurring cast Edit
- Caris Vujcec as Officer Louise Campesi
- Rob Devaney as Attorney Basil Bloom
- Brenda Withers as A.D.A. Emma Niles
Guest cast Edit
- Aaron Stanford as Josh Snow
- Boris McGiver as Lou Cardinale
- Robert Leeshock as Kip McGonagle
- Tobias Truvillion as Dashawn Warner
- Harry O'Reilly as Frankie Martin
- Tobias Truvillion as Deshawn Warner
- Carolyn Baeumler as Helene McGonagle
- Aleksa Palladino as Angela
- Adam Mucci as Hartley
- Eric L. Abrams as Security Officer
- J.C. Montgomery as Coach
- Ohene Cornelius as Forward
- Don Castro as Poker Player #1
- Morgan Spector as Poker Player #2
- Anthony Giaimo as Poker Player #3
- Josh Snow: 30K... What is that? Kid's private school? Wife's trip to Europe? Something's makin' you sweat.
(Hartley doesn't move)
- Josh Snow: Wake me when it's over.
- Hartley: (smiles and starts pushing his chips into the middle) 30K... and another 30K says you got nothin'...
(Josh's eyes go wide... and then the camera cuts to the next day)
- Lou Cardinale: You stupid son of a bitch... you lost 80 grand?!
- (after shooting a blank at Frankie Martin's crotch and "missing")
- Josh Snow: Wanna bet again? Your heart for 20k?
- Josh Snow: The guy pissed himself!
- Angela: (giggles) You are intense, Josh.
- Josh Snow: I tell ya, Lou was right. Blanks really put the scare in people.
- Angela: (laughing) Lou shoots nothin' except blanks.
- Robert Goren: I'm sorry to hear about your wife.
- Josh Snow: What are you hoping to find here, Goren? Ten of Hearts? Jack of Spades? I didn't kill that guy.
- Robert Goren: You've been talking to the DA.
- Josh Snow: Did I hurt your feelings? Don't be offended. I told my lawyer you'd be harder to play.
- Robert Goren: Well, if that's true, then what's the play?
- Josh Snow: (chuckles) You're good. I almost miss seeing you. But something's always in play. The game is endless.
- Josh Snow: You're faking sincere. Tilting your head to the left... breaking eye contact to put me at ease. Same old tells.
- Robert Goren: Well, you've got some tells, too.
- Josh Snow: Yeah, I know. Tells of the heart can't be hidden.
Background information and notes Edit
- Josh Snow mentions that Goren and Eames helped put away his father's killer, which suggests that he might be Joey Frost, the poker prodigy from "Cruise to Nowhere".
| Previous episode:|
| "All In"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|