|←||SVU, Episode 4.06||→|
|Production number: E3106|
First aired: 1 November 2002
| Written By|
Robert F. Campbell & Jonathan Greene
Arthur W. Forney
A boy is found dead hiding in a bus that started from Manhattan and a second, older boy is caught trying to escape. The two boys are from Central America and they were in the custody of Bret Jansen, a member of a Wall Street law firm who is found slaughtered in his bed. Questioning of the surviving boy and discovery of a videotape of Jansen and another male molesting similar boys leads to a ring of wealthy pedophiles using a travel agency to smuggle in boys.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Peter Hermann as Attorney Trevor Langan
- Welly Yang as C.S.U. Technician Georgie
- Lenore Pemberton as Detective Katie Moore
Guest cast Edit
- Michael Hayden as Dr. Walt Massey
- Pablo Santos as Ernesto Diaz
- Kate Skinner as Mrs. Massey
- Glenn Fleshler as Dr. Noah Kamens
- Mike Hodge as Port Authority Officer
- Gideon Jacobs as Shawn Massey
- Will Arnett as Anthony Damon
- Patrick Cassidy as Dr. Stewart Lynch
- Bo Kaprall as Head Dispatcher
- Camilla Enders as Nora
- John Knox as Henry
- Michael Lopez as Juan Lynch
- Felipe Dieppa as Ramon Lynch
- Danny Dennis as Starter
- Craig Bockhorn as Attorney Craig Lambert
- Yvette Mercedes as Bus Driver #2
- James Andrew O'Connor as Bus Driver #1
- Alice Niedermair as Woman at Airport
- Steve Smaldon as P.A. K-9 Officer
- Warner: Jansen’s genitals weren't exactly cut off. They were surgically excised.
- Stabler: Come again?
- Warner: Removed with a scalpel by someone who knows anatomy, and pre-mortem.
- Benson: So someone wanted to really make him suffer. How did the perp incapacitate him?
- Warner: Whacked him on the head with a blunt object.
- Stabler: Probably took that with him.
- Warner: Now, an amateur would have slit his throat straight across. Jansen’s killer made precise incisions on the carotid artery here and here, after...
- Stabler: You don’t need to demonstrate that part.
- "I think Alex is dining with the enemy."
- – Benson about Trevor Langan
- Tony: When would you like to travel, Mr. Blackmun? Or is there another name you'd like to use?
- Munch: As a matter of fact, there is. John Munch, but you can call me Detective. [flashes his badge] Get up! Put your hands behind your back right now! NOW! NOW!!
- Tony: This entrapment!
- Munch: Well, we call it conspiracy.
- Tony: So, what's this conspiracy that you're charging me with?
- Munch: Facilitating the rape of children in foreign countries.
- Tony: There's no state law against that.
- Stabler: Federal law. We turn our tape over to the U.S. Attorney, you're toast.
- Tony: Federal statutes require proof of a sex act. That means they need a victim. Where they gonna find one?
- Munch: No wonder this guy doesn't need a lawyer. He's got the law memorized with all his other NAMBLA buddies.
- Tony: NAMBLA? I'm not one of those freaks.
- Stabler: How many boys they pass around to you?
- Tony: I don't know what the hell you're talking about.
- [Stabler throws Tony against the wall and roughs him up a little]
- Stabler: You think I am some dumb cop?
- Tony: I had nothin' to...
- [Stabler cuts him off with a jab to the gut]
- Munch: Elliot!
- Stabler: Think you're smarter than me?!
- Tony: I need a doctor!
- Stabler: You're gonna need a morgue, pal! You are nothing but a lowlife pimp who sells children. You sent Bret Jansen on a sex tour. Him and a friend made a video doin' a 10-year-old boy.
- Tony: Friend? I don't know about any friend.
- Munch: Yeah, right, just like you didn't know your customers have been smuggling back little sex toys of their own.
- Tony: Listen, Jansen and Lynch did that on their own. I had nothin' to do with it!
- Stabler: You got nothin' to do with anything, do you? How 'bout sex tours? Do you know anything about them? Huh? Do you book sex tours?!
- Tony: Yes! Yes!
- Stabler: How many do you book?
- Tony: Couple dozen. Over the years.
- Stabler: Yeah? Just a couple dozen?
- Tony: I swear, I'm not one of them! I was just in it for the money!
- Stabler: Which the Feds are gonna take away from you while you're sittin' on death row for slicin' up Bret Jansen.
- Tony: What?! I had nothin' to do with that!
- Munch: That's funny, because somebody did to him exactly what he joked about doin' to you.
- Tony: That rat bastard.
- Munch: Gotta be more specific. There's a lot of 'em running around in this case.
- Tony: Lynch! I told him about Jansen's joke that he was gonna cut my balls off. He's using it to set me up!
- Stabler: Why would he wanna kill Jansen?
- Tony: Because Lynch handpicked José for Jansen. Then Jansen called Lynch, said he wanted his money back when José and Ernesto escaped.
- Munch: When's the last time you spoke to Lynch?
- Tony: Before Jansen was killed. Lynch called, said he wanted to know why the video of his trip hadn't arrived yet. I told him it was on its way. [pants] Make me a deal. Make me a deal, and I will give you Lynch on a silver platter.
- Perp: I am telling you, I would never do 2 men and a boy!
- Munch: Prove it! Take your shirt off!
- Tutuola: Okay, here's how we're gonna find out which one of you is the movie star: we're gonna get a court order, we're gonna strip ya, we're gonna take some pretty pictures and see if your tats match!
- Benson: We've rounded up 17 pervs so far: teacher, store clerk, engineer, a couple of Wall Street masters of the universe. All of them say that Damon got them their so-called son or daughter.
- Stabler: You're under arrest for the murder of Jansen and for sexually abusing your son.
- Walt: No! I didn't force Shawn. He seduced me. Now, h-h-how, how could I deny him? I never beat him like Jansen beat his boys! It's not the same thing!
- Stabler: No. It's worse. You had sex with your stepson, and you don't think there's anything wrong with that? What kinda sick bastard are you?
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is based on the Michael Skult case.
Episode scene cards Edit
Bret Jansen's Loft
Dental Offices of
The Metropolis Club
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|