|←||TBJ, Episode 1.05||→|
|Production number: 5704|
First aired: 25 March 2005
| Teleplay By|
Joan Rater & Tony Phelan
Pamela J. Wechsler
Kibre and Gaffney prosecute a case where the nanny of a young child died which appears to be a case of Shaken baby syndrome.
- Bebe Neuwirth as A.D.A. Tracey Kibre
- Amy Carlson as A.D.A. Kelly Gaffney
- Kirk Acevedo as D.A. Investigator Hector Salazar
- Scott Cohen as Detective Chris Ravell
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Candice Bergen as Judge Amanda Anderlee
- Geneva Carr as Talia Rawlings
- Bruce Davison as Peter Betts
- Linda Emond as Dr. Emily Downey
- Seth Gilliam as A.D.A. Terence Wright
- Isabel Glasser as Jean Nevins
- Anna Rose Hopkins as Eve Walsh
- Ann Hu as Sharon Matsu
- Tim Kang as Dr. Liam Kelly
- Ted Lochwyn as Tim Rawlings
- Aasif Mandvi as Judge Samir Patel
- Elisabeth Moss as Katie Nevins
- Gordana Rashovich as Judge Lillian Alverio
- Rik Alan Walter as Bill Donovan
- Nicholas Webber as A.D.A. Ross Campbell
- Julio Neira as Benny
- Cheryl Patrick as ER Patient
- Robert Bizik as Court Spectator
- Denise D'Ascenzo as Juror #3
- Stephen Graybill as Juror (uncredited)
- Shareef McIntosh as Extra (uncredited)
- Tim Tyrrell as Ecab (uncredited)
Background information and notes
- This episode was dedicated to the memory of Jerry Orbach. At the end, the message "For Jerry" appeared. The same message was placed at the end of the Law & Order: Criminal Intent episode "View From Up Here", and Law & Order showed a pictorial memorial after the episode "Mammon".
- This episode is based on the Louise Woodward case. Woodward was a young English au pair who was convicted, at age 19, of the involuntary manslaughter of eight-month-old Matthew Eappen while he was in her care.
- Actor Scott Cohen is added to the opening credits as of this episode.
- Actress Leslie Hendrix makes her first and only appearance as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers in an episode from Trial By Jury. She also appeared in Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
| Previous episode:|
"Truth or Consequences"
| "Baby Boom"|
Law & Order: Trial by Jury
| Next episode:|
"Pattern of Conduct"