|←||L&O, Episode 8.21||→|
|Production number: K2524|
First aired: 29 April 1998
| Written By|
The investigation following the stabbing of a police officer could determine D.A. Adam Schiff's fate in the upcoming election. Meanwhile, Briscoe's troubled daughter Cathy is arrested for drug dealing, and his partner Curtis is wounded in the line of duty.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- Lynn Cohen as Judge Elizabeth Mizener
- Jennifer Estlin as Cathy Briscoe
- Cliff Gorman as Judge Gary Feldman
- Robert Vaughn as Carl Anderton
- Julian Gamble as Judge Slattery
- Mark Lotito as Detective Mallory
Guest cast Edit
- Isabel Gillies as Monica Johnson
- Dyron Holmes as Isaac Alvarez
- Michael Hyatt as Rachel Willis
- Ilana Levine as Emily Schoener
- Joe Quintero as Jesse Rosado
- Tom Wiggin as Ross Sanders
- Laurie Williams as Sharon Sutton
- Timothy Wheeler as Johnson
- Geoffrey Nauffts as Monica Johnson's Defense Attorney
- Jason Kolotouros as Tilden
- Stephanie Berry as Dolores
- Ana Gasteyer as Monica's social worker
- Neal Jones as Mr. Flynn
- Lyndon B. Johnson (36th U.S. President)
- Richard M. Nixon (37th U.S. President)
- Vietnam War
- "Oh, you want to take me on, little girl? Well, let me tell you something. You better be packing more than a dirty mouth."
- – Anita van Buren
- Adam Schiff: Whatever gave you the idea the district attorney's office was your family law firm?
- Carl Anderton: Whatever gave you the idea that it wasn't?
- "Screw you and your dead cop!"
- – Monica Johnson
- "Remember what LBJ said when they were hammering him about Vietnam? "Felt like a hitch-hiker on a highway in a Texas hailstorm, can't run, can't hide, can't make it stop." I'm putting you on that highway, Adam."
- – Carl Anderton
- "Feldman's people sent out feelers, he wants to debate me on television. A lot of good it did Nixon."
- – Adam Schiff
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode appears to be ripped from the headlines of the Karla Faye Tucker case. Karla, along with a partner, killed 27-year-old Jerry Lynn Dean with a pickax. After killing him, they decided to kill Dean's friend, Deborah Thornton to eliminate her as a witness. Karla Tucker was sentenced to death through lethal injection and was executed on February 3, 1998, becoming the first woman to be executed in the state of Texas since the Civil War. (Karla Faye Tucker at Wikipedia)
Episode scene cards Edit
| Previous episode:|
| "Bad Girl"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|