|←||L&O, Episode 6.01||→|
|Production number: K0105|
First aired: 20 September 1995
| Written By|
René Balcer & Jeremy R. Littman
Briscoe and his new partner investigate a girl's death and find a clue in film from an ATM camera.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Jill Hennessy as A.D.A. Claire Kincaid
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Richard Venture as Defense Attorney Douglas Greer
- Alice Liu as Defense Attorney Karyn Sasabe
- Larry Sherman as Judge Colin Fraser
- Tanya Berezin as Judge Rosalyn Lenz
- John Newton as Judge Eric Caffey
- Tom Tammi as Mr. Gaines
- John Ventimiglia as Nick Capetti
- Marilyn Chris as Mrs. Capetti
- Ellen Greene as Karen Gaines
- Steven Stahl as Frank Sullivan
- Joe Paparone as Charles Fleming
- Curt Hostetter as Dr. Larry Koblin
- John Tormey as Alan Krutsky
- Rose Arrick as Dr. Jane Freeland
- Bill Christ as Jamie Ehrenclou
- Daniel Mastrogiorgio as Perry Behrens
- Matt Malloy as Crime Scene Unit Supervisor
- Katherine Hiler as Young Mother
- Scott Rabinowitz as Coroner's Assistant
- Arnie Mazer as Bank Security Manager
- Todd Davis as Scavenger
- Luis Caballero as Bodega Owner
- Tom Grunke as Worker
- Jody Wood as Crime Scene Unit Technician
- Jim Lavin as Uniform Policeman
- Scott Nicholson as Court Officer
- George G. Colucci as Crime Scene Unit Photographer
- Shari Hamrick as Student (uncredited)
- "I got ties older than him. And some shoes, too, I think."
- – Briscoe
- Briscoe: When I was a kid growing up around here, the worst thing that could happen to you was you skinned your knee playing Johnny on the pony.
- Curtis: Yeah, well, I don't remember things being so rosy when I was a kid.
- Briscoe: When was that, last week?
- Sullivan: I didn't think of it myself.
- McCoy: Elvis talk to you through your car radio?
- Karen: How can you think for a minute that I would let my own child die? What kind of mother do you think I am?! You don't know what I did for her. For 10 years, I stayed in a nightmare marriage, just so she could have a real home. I fought for custody for her, but he had more money, more lawyers. He turned me into an addict, and then used it against me! That bastard! He stole her away from me! He told her lies about me! He made her afraid of me! I loved her!
- McCoy: But you hated your husband more.
Background information and notes Edit
- The killing of a criminal in open court is based on the Ellie Nesler case.
- This episode was later adapted into the Law & Order: UK episode "Hidden".
Episode Scene CardsEdit
St. Mary's School
| Previous episode:|
| "Bitter Fruit"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|