|←||CI, Episode 6.01||→|
|Production number: 06001|
First aired: 19 September 2006
| Teleplay By|
Charlie Rubin & Warren Leight
The murder of a woman with a peculiar perfume brings back memories of a serial killer's M.O. from fifteen years prior. Goren's mentor, Declan Gage, who was one of the first criminal profilers, had a mental breakdown after failing to capture the killer then. He offers his help once his daughter becomes involved in this new case. The investigation becomes much more urgent after Eames is kidnapped and the evidence points to Goren's mentor.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
Recurring cast Edit
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- John Glover as Dr. Declan Gage
- Hudson Cooper as Detective Jeffries
Guest cast Edit
- Martha Plimpton as Jo Gage
- Carlos Leon as Enrique Zuella
- Abby Royle as Heidi Conington
- Lanette Ware as Detective Bea Massey
- Ana Maria Jomolca as Jocelyn Bart
- Julienne Hanzelka Kim as Amanda Hsin
- Kristina Valada-Viars as Jenna Shea
- Jana Robbins as Ambassador Conington
- Poorna Jagannathan as Dr. Sikh
- Steve Hamm as Officer Farrell
- Carson Elrod as Steve
- Rony Clanton as Waiter
- Carmine Famiglietti as Whiny Customer
- Allie Woods Jr. as Dog Owner
- Scott Johnson as ESU Team Cop
- Alberto Bonilla as CSU Technician
- Kimberly Dorsey as Museum Visitor (uncredited)
- Thelma Gutiérrez as Protester (uncredited)
- Mark A. Keeton as Serial Killer Suspect (uncredited)
- Leesa Rowland as Bartender (uncredited)
- Alexandra Eames: The captain wants me to keep an eye on you.
- Robert Goren: (amused) Let me know if I can help.
- Robert Goren: Y'know, the captain thinks that Sebastian is your white whale.
- Declan Gage: Well, now he's ours.
- Robert Goren: You can detach yourself like that? Use Jo as bait?
- Declan Gage: Unknowingly, she is.
- Declan Gage: Everything I've taught you, everything you know about me, says it can't be me.
- Robert Goren: That's why I'm sick of it... (grabs Gage and slams him against the wall) Tell me where she is! Tell me!
- Declan Gage: I don't know.
- Declan Gage: They all have one thing in common. No one has ever listened to them. So I listen to them. However long it takes.
- Jo Gage: He told me. About your mother. Your father. He said you could've gone either way.
- Robert Goren: Either way?
- Jo Gage: He said... some homes are like... labs for creating serial killers.
- Robert Goren: When you brought boys home?
- Jo Gage: I'd play them his tapes -- of women being tortured. If they didn't run, we'd make out in his office. (laughs)
- Robert Goren: Well, you could've gone either way...
- Robert Goren: Jo - it's time.
- Jo Gage: (resigned) Tell my dad everything. He'll come to my cell now. He'll listen to me. However long it takes.
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode takes place in July.
| Previous episode:|
| "Blind Spot"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|