Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 5.03||→|
|Production number: 69402|
First aired: 5 October 1994
| Teleplay By|
René Balcer & Morgan Gendel
René Balcer & Hall Powell
A woman tries to blame the murder of her former boss on the abuse that she had to endure.
Detectives Lennie Briscoe & Mike Logan investigate the murder of a Japanese businessman killed in a hotel. First they suspect a robber, but quickly get rid of that theory and begin to suspect a woman who claims the businessman forced her to have sex with clients in Japan. This leads Assistant Excecutive District Attorney Jack McCoy and Assistant District Attorney Claire Kincaid to battle racism and sympathy for the shooter to get a conviction.
This episode also shows Mike Logan's slight disdain for the Japanese, claiming "they think they're better than everybody else."
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Jill Hennessy as A.D.A. Claire Kincaid
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- John Fiore as Detective Tony Profaci
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet
- Ron Orbach as Defense Attorney Max Hellman
- Shawn Elliott as Judge Joseph Rivera
- Laura Linney as Martha Bowen
- Joyce Reehling as Mildred Kaskel
- Aida Turturro as a Cocktail Waitress
- Chuck Cooper as Art Samuels
- Ilene Kristen as Sandra Krane
- Dan Desmond as Ed Royland
- Tibor Feldman as Kendrick
- Michael Mastro as Jensen
- Tom Shillue as Danny Zabel
- Katrina Lantz as Suzy Kamecki
- Melissa Justin as Diane Elcott
- Virginia Wing as Dr. Watanabe
- Glenn Kubota as Mr. Nakahara
- Mike Girard Sheehan as Detective Dennis Murray
- Vanessa Marshall as Veronica
- Hynden Walch as Angel Monroe
- John Scurti as Hoeck
- Rufus Collins as Teagle
- Daniel Hagen as Emergency medical services Technician Dixon
- Robert Phelps as Ron
- Barbara Christie as Irene
- Akira Takayama as a karaoke Singer
- Briscoe: What's the deal, Mike? Your favorite uncle died at Pearl Harbor?
- Logan: It's their attitude. They think they're better than everybody else. Masters of the universe. Doesn't that bother you?
- Briscoe: What bothers me is some kid heisting my car for a living because nobody taught him how to read.
Background information and notes Edit
This episode was inspired by the Japanese use of comfort women during World War II.
Episode scene cardsEdit
Samuel's Talent Agency
| Previous episode:|
| "Blue Bamboo"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|