|←||L&O, Episode 18.14||→|
|Production number: 18017|
First aired: 23 April 2008
| Written By|
David Wilcox & Ed Zuckerman
Mario Van Peebles
When Detective Green shoots a murder suspect, an internal investigation reveals that he had a gambling problem and once owed money to the suspect. The DA's office reluctantly pursues murder charges against him.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Jeremy Sisto as Detective Cyrus Lupo
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Linus Roache as Executive A.D.A. Michael Cutter
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Sam Waterston as D.A. Jack McCoy
- Peter Bradbury as Sergeant Gregory Cole
- Anthony Anderson as Detective Kevin Bernard
- Armando Riesco as Ruben Alvera
- Carmen Ejogo as April Lannen
- Lou Carbonneau as Des Charella
- Joselin Reyes as Katherine Halsey
- Jennifer Rae Beck as Angela Savitsky
- Adam Sietz as Daniel Hoyte
- Nick Damici as Phil Norris
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Mr. Winters
- Autumn Dornfeld as Sylvia Delaney
- Dee Hoty as Judge H. Kifney
- Cesar Leonardo as Detective Johnson
- Chad Gittens as Detective Bonelli
- Michael Devine as Officer Saunders
- Howard Feller as Stu
- Victor Colicchio as Murray
- Christine Danelson as Isabel
- Lupo: He could have used any one of a dozen pay phones between here and Manhattan.
- Bernard: They're all broken. You try using one lately?
- Lupo: All I know is that my dog likes to piss on them.
- Bernard: I hate dogs.
- Lupo: Oh yeah? Why's that?
- Bernard.: A stupid nickname I had in Catholic school.
- Lupo: St. Bernard. (Bernard glares at him) Lucky guess.
- (Green comes back from being questioned about Bunny Whitby's death)
- Lt. Van Buren: How'd it go?
- Green: It was great. I love being treated like a criminal in my own house.
- Lt. Van Buren: The slugs came back. Matched the bullet that killed John Singer. You shot a guilty man.
- Green: Tell me something I didn't know.
- McCoy: [on Green] The man's been in my office a hundred times. I just kind of assumed he wasn't a murderer.
- Rubirosa: You know Detective Green as well as I do.
- Cutter: Which means I have to be objective. The facts are the facts. If this was a cop you didn't know, you'd be running to the grand jury too.
- Rubirosa: Lupo! I'm guessing there was something that you wanted to talk about.
- Lupo: Looks like I took it to the wrong office.
- Rubirosa: I have my own office.
- Green: I've been a cop, a gambler and 12 other things that don't necessarily go together that well. How do you do it?
- Lt. Van Buren: One foot in front of the other, for 30 years.
- Green: I'll let you know where I land. (shakes her hand) Thank you, Lu.
- Green: (to the DA's after April exposes her secret that he was protecting) Why are you doing this?
- Cutter: We thought you were worth saving.
Background information and notes
- Actor Anthony Anderson previously played Detective Lucius Blaine in the Law & Order: Special Victims Unit episode "Fat".
- Jesse L. Martin's final contract appearance as Ed Green.
Episode scene cards
Law Offices of
Lynn's Tiki Bar
| Previous episode:|
| "Burn Card"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|