|←||SVU, Episode 8.11||→|
|Production number: 08011|
First aired: 9 January 2007
| Written By|
Eriq La Salle
When Valerie Sennet accuses her ex-husband, Miles of rape, it becomes a case of he said, she said. Valerie refuses to use her young daughter, Tessa as a witness and since Miles has no history of violence, he is soon released. As the case increases, Elliot and Olivia butt heads over it. Elliot believes that Valerie is crying rape to punish Miles while Olivia believes that Miles did rape Valerie. The case takes a shocking twist when Miles decides to take matters into his own hands, endangering Valerie's life.
He didn't rape her. He set her on fire.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter Gerety as Judge Harrison
- Isabel Gillies as Kathy Stabler
- Jill Marie Lawrence as Attorney Cleo Conrad
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
Guest cast Edit
- Blair Underwood as Miles Sennet
- Tiffany Evans as Tessa Sennet
- Liza Lapira as Forensics Technician
- Maureen Mueller as Ms. Jenner
- Danny Johnson as Phillip Anderson
- Michael Michele as Valerie Sennet
- Alok Tewari as Doctor
- Connie Teng as Denise Fielding
- Tim Miller as Court Clerk
- Edelen McWilliams as Resident #1
- Cornelius Jones Jr. as Resident #2
- Marc Plastrik as Principal Walker
- Michael Olajide Jr. as Workout Instructor
- Leila Fazel as Workout Instructor #2
- Kathy Stabler: (to Olivia about Elliot) You're his partner. You give him stability. Elliot can't move on until he feels like he's on solid ground.
- Olivia Benson: I grew up with an alcoholic mother, and abuse doesn't have to be physical to cause damage.
- Miles Sennet: (when Olivia arrests him) I swear I didn't touch her ...
- Olivia Benson: Swear on what? The Bible? God? Your daughter? You have the right to keep your mouth shut.
- Elliot Stabler: [to Olivia]: I'm the longest relationship you've ever had with a man. You've no idea how bad things can get when a couple goes south.
- Olivia Benson: And 8 years in this unit tells me that I don't need to be married to know when an abusive man is escalating.
- Elliot Stabler [about Miles Sennet]: You said he was escalating, you were right.
- Olivia Benson: You think that's what I want to hear? He set her on fire, Elliot. Who could have anticipated that?
- Elliot Stabler: If I had listened to you, we could have prevented this.
- Olivia Benson: How?
- Elliot Stabler: Have Novak push for remand, get a blue and white on him. Anything but make excuses for the guy.
- Olivia Benson: Miles Sennet chose gasoline and a match, not you. He didn't just want her to kill her, he wanted her to suffer.
- Elliot Stabler: He said he wanted her dead. I just wasn't listening.
- Olivia Benson: Well, you weren't the only one in that room. I was there, too.
- Olivia Benson [to Elliot]: So, are we okay?
- Elliot Stabler: I just need space to disagree with you so that I don't feel like it's going to cost me our partnership.
- Olivia Benson: You never been gun-shy before.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah, well, you know, things change.
- Olivia Benson: Well, like you said, you're the longest relationship that I've ever had with a man. Who else would put up with me?
Background information and notes Edit
- At the end of the episode when Olivia and Elliot are talking outside Elliot's apartment on the stairs, Elliot takes a sip of his drink, but he later has to remove the lid from the drink that had been placed on the ground.
- Eriq LaSalle makes his "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" directorial debut, which reunites him with former ER castmates Mariska Hargitay and Michael Michele, and former "ER" writer and producer Neal Baer, now an executive producer with "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit." This was also a mini-reunion for three former "Homicide: Life on the Street" stars (Michael Michele, Richard Belzer and Peter Gerety), although none of the three shared a scene.
Episode scene cards Edit
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|