|Affiliation||New York Supreme Court|
|Family|| Unnamed parents|
Unnamed grandparents (deceased)
Carla Solomon is a judge in the New York City.
Solomon's parents were Holocaust survivors, her grandparents died at the concentration camp at Dachau. Afterwards her parents had Carla and Carla eventually became a judge.
Carla is present when shots are fired in a restaurant called Raimondo's, killing two people. Detectives Briscoe and Green interview her about the shooting where she states she ducked for cover after the shooting and didn't see his face. Carla mentions she knew one of the victims, Thomas Mitchell, well enough to say hello but didn't know him personally. Carla mentions that she liked hanging out at the bar with all gangsters, politicians and celebrities and leaves to go back to court. (L&O: "Everybody Loves Raimondo's")
- People vs. Jenny Brandt (L&O: "Killerz")
- People vs. Cory Kaufman and Melanie Kaufman (L&O: "Swept Away - A Very Special Episode")
- Ordered attorney Peter Behrens to turn over a tape showing a murder taking place.
- Ruled that Behrens doesn't have to reveal where he got the tape from but rules the prosecution may now see the tape in question as well as its contents.
- Denied defense's motion on the grounds that there is no violation of the 4th Amendment since someone from the tv crew took the tape not the police and since she represents the killer in question she has no grounds to contest it anyway.
- People vs. Byron Stark (L&O: "Swept Away - A Very Special Episode")
- People vs. Edward Travandze (L&O: "Absentia")
- Called a brief recess so the prosecution could find their primary witness, Glenn Fordyce.
- Denied the prosecution's motion for a two week continuance to find Glenn Fordyce when he goes missing.
- Denied the defense's motion to exclude the police's disclosure of the defendant's identity based on 1st Amendment violations.
- Upheld the plea bargain the defendant made with the prosecution for the death penalty and determines the defendant is legally sane.
- Her name was misspelled in the thirteenth season as "Carla Soloman" in both the credits and nameplates.