|←||L&O, Episode 7.01||→|
|Production number: K1106|
First aired: 18 September 1996
| Written By|
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
- Ted Kazanoff as Judge Daniel Scarletti
- Hugh O'Gorman as Assistant U.S. Attorney Chuck Rodman
- DeAnn Mears as Judge Maria Gance
- Jurian Hughes as M.E. Gardner
- Gia Galeano as Detective Gia
Guest cast Edit
- George Martin as Defense Attorney Abe Mercer
- Cyndi Cartagena as Anna Galvez
- Louise Sorel as Defense Attorney Marcy Fletcher-Wrightman
- Lawrence Arancio as Ian Rankin
- Víctor Sierra as Fernando Salva
- Tiffany Fraser as Susan Bayer
- Divina Cook as Mrs. Galvez
- Rebecca Nelson as Maureen Rankin
- Mark Kashersky as Shuster
- Irma St. Paule as Sally
- Tom Cappadona as Victor Driscoll
- Harsh Nayyar as Gas Station Attendant
- David Zayas as Raoul Cervantes
- David Rainey as Assistant M.E.
- Bruce Winant as Defense Attorney Morgenstern
- Jonathan Teague Cook as Marty Fine
- Gloria Irizarry as Grandma Rosa Citrone
- Jillian Bowen as Jackie Rankin
- Alex Bowen as 9-Year-Old Rankin Son
- Cameron Bowen as 7-Year-Old Rankin Son
- Andrea Bowen as Rankin Toddler
- Michael Hobbs as Sergeant
- William McGuire as ESU Lieutenant
- Gerald O'Brien as ESU Technician
- Lee Summers as Belmont Uniform Policeman
- Jim Lavin as Court Clerk
- Jon Brent Curry as CSU Technician
- Fuschia Walker as Meter Maid
- Christopher Del Gaudio as Armani Guy (uncredited)
- U.S. v. Salerno
- People ex rel. Shapiro v. Keeper of City Prisons
- People v. Brown
- People v. McGee
- People v. Theriault
- Holloway v. U.S.
- People v. Osorio
- Mrs. Galvez: They didn't say that on the news! You're lying!
- Curtis: I'm a cop. I don't lie.
- Ross: I believe in monsters and things that go bump in the night, Jack. May they rot in Hell along with their attorneys.
- McCoy: You want to bring in the Feds, you talk to me first!
- Ross: So, this is a pissing contest!
- McCoy: In my office, we don't hand off the ball. We run with it. Maureen Rankin was killed in our jurisdiction! Prosecuting her killer is our responsibility!
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode is based on the murder of New Jersey schoolteacher Kathleen Weinstein in Toms River.
- Goof: DeAnn Mears is credited as "Judge Maria Ganz" when the nameplate lists her character's name as Maria Gance.
Episode scene cardsEdit
| Previous episode:|
| "Causa Mortis"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|