|←||L&O, Episode 17.12||→|
|Production number: 17012|
First aired: 12 January 2007
| Written By|
Secrets about an adopted child from Africa are uncovered in the course of an investigation into the shooting death of a soap-opera husband.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Anna Chlumsky as Mary Calvin
- Aliya Campbell as Lashonda Harris
- Billy Burke as Attorney Farmer
- Jennifer Beals as Sofia Archer
- Kola Ogundiran as Ephraim Mogae
- Brian Avers as Marlon Cooper
- Tim Barker as Dwayne McCready
- John Livingstone Rolle as Festus Lepetu
- Carmen Román as Judge Louise Einhorn
- Josh Casaubon as Sean Archer
- Aaron Lohr as John Brody
- Jenny Sheffer Stevens as Marta Stang
- David Dollase as Judge Laurence Strasnick
- Sophie Nyweide as Agatha Archer
- Diana Henry as Liz Prather
- Karim Sioud as Benitez
- Jakob Von Eichel as Petrescu
- Lily Corvo as Tonya
- Daniel Morgan Shelley as ESU Officer
- Jeannette Gould as Juror (uncredited)
- Connie Rubirosa (to McCoy): Did you ever work as a babysitter?
- Jack McCoy: I delivered papers.
- Connie: I had eight regulars from infants to adolescents. Paid for my first car. Rule number one, if you do not watch them like a hawk, something from the floor will end up in their mouth. (holds up a plastic bag of pills)
- Ed Green (to Marlon Cooper): Did you try to take the baby and something went wrong?
- Marlon Cooper: Whoever did this, I'm sure he's remorseful. And I hope he's got a good head start on you.
- Liz Prather (to McCoy): What's on the table?
- Jack McCoy: How can I know that, Ms. Prather when all I've got is a missing child and two supposed caregivers on opposite sides of the truth?
- Jack McCoy: Some people are wired wrong. Ugliest part of our work.
- Connie Rubirosa: It's babies. Babies as fashion . . .
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
"Remains of the Day"
| "Charity Case"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|