Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||SVU, Episode 5.07||→|
|Production number: E4411|
First aired: 4 November 2003
| Written By|
After Jennifer Fulton is found assaulted in a bar, she first accuses a young male of attacking her, but then it is revealed that her husband, Craig attacked her. When Jennifer reveals that she is pregnant and wants an abortion, Craig drags his wife into court to stop it, but even though she wins, Jennifer decides to keep her child, and Olivia, concerned with Jennifer's alcoholism tries to convince her to get help, but then soon discovers that Jennifer had a child who is stricken with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and is mentally damaged from it. Craig takes Jennifer to court again and after the state of her first child is discovered, she is ordered to not drink and get counseling. After Jennifer defies the court's orders not to drink, Olivia has no choice but to arrest her for contempt of court, but then contemplates on whether or not she made the right decision as Craig is doing it all to harass Jennifer. At trial, Jennifer and her attorney argue that she was drinking because of stress while Novak argues that pregnancy is stress that will not go away and she must be locked in a facility to ensure she gets treatment. Jennifer is found not guilty of contempt of court, though she is reminded that the original ruling still stands and she must still receive counseling for her drinking. Benson later finds her outside her daughter's house and Jennifer understands that the jury found her not guilty as they didn't want to lock her up, but that she is guilty as she damaged her first child Lily and potentially damaged the one that she is carrying now. With Benson's encouragement, Jennifer goes to meet and talk to Lily and presumably quits drinking as she now understands the consequences of it.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Callie Thorne as Defense Attorney Nikki Staines
- Mike Doyle as C.S.U. Technician Ryan O'Halloran
- Tom O'Rourke as Judge Mark Seligman
- Mariette Hartley as Defense Attorney Lorna Scarry
- Beverly D'Angelo as Defense Attorney Rebecca Balthus
- Ali Reza as Dr. Rohit Mehta
Guest cast Edit
- Josie Bissett as Jennifer Fulton
- Rick Aiello as Craig Fulton
- Victor Rasuk as Leon Ardilles
- Lenka Peterson as Melanie Dunne
- Elain R. Graham as Judge Sara Henning
- Fred Burrell as Judge Howie Rebard
- Shirley Jones as Attorney Felicity Bradshaw
- Victoria Clark as Margaret Melia
- Chris Bachand as Joshua Fulton
- Philip LaSalle as Uniform Officer Breggin
- Tod Engle as Tom Longleat
- Kathleen DeFouw as Jury Forewoman
- Kathrine Roberts as Lily Longleat
- Balthus: (holds up a sandwich) Why isn't this in an evidence bag?
- O'Halloran: Because it's my lunch.
- Olivia Benson: Did you know that in just one night of drinking, fetal alcohol syndrome can set in?
- Elliot Stabler: I didn't know that.
- Olivia Benson: If your wife got pregnant again, would you allow it?
- Elliot Stabler: If Kathy got pregnant again, I'd shoot myself.
- Elliot Stabler: You know, we know some places, if you want some counseling...
- Jennifer Fulton: (drunk and still drinking) I don't need counseling!
- Casey Novak: (about Lorna Scarry, the lawyer she is recommending for Jennifer Fulton) I've been up against her twice. She wiped the floor with me both times.
Background information and notes Edit
- Kathrine Roberts, who played Lily in this episode, has Fetal Alcohol Syndrome.
- Goof: It takes at least 10 minutes to get the results of a paint match from a GC/MS. The less-than-a-minute result seen in this episode is virtually impossible.
- When Olivia asks Elliot what he would do if Kathy had another baby, he responds that he would shoot himself. His son Eli would be born a few years later.
Episode scene cards Edit
Trial Part 38
Trial Part 74
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|