|←||SVU, Episode 9.19||→|
|Production number: 9019|
First aired: 13 May 2008
| Written By|
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Adam Beach as Detective Chester Lake
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Mike Doyle as Forensics Technician Ryan O'Halloran
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- Caren Browning as CSU Captain Judith Siper
- Judith Light as Judge Elizabeth Donnelly
- Viola Davis as Attorney Donna Emmett
Guest cast Edit
- Deirdre Lovejoy as Penelope Fielding
- Victoria Cartagena as Celina Cruz
- Jack Gwaltney as Officer Thomas Crane
- Brian Tarantina as Bill Jensen
- Anthony Ruiz as Hector Hernandez
- Robert Turano as Wesley Meadows
- Torsten N. Hillhouse as Detective Dave Foster
- Lawrence Ballard as A.D.A Brett Smith
- Philip Levy as Desk Officer Fineman
- Eva Kaminsky as Mary Kralik
- Ira Hawkins as Detective
- Eric Morace as ESU Lieutenant
- Sandra Berrios as Supervisor
- Arthur Gerunda as Inspector
- Tony Naumovski as Agent #1
- Charles Caliendo as Cop
- Tyree Michael Simpson as Man #1
- John Lederer as Man #2
- Sharon Maguire as Foreman
- Ken Schwarz as Juror #2
- Eric S. Kuhn as Juror #3
- Casey Novak: What are you selling, Brett?
- Brett Smith: Criminal Defense.
- Casey Novak: Yeah, hard to imagine.
- Brett Smith: You've worked sex crimes longer than most and you're still passionate, we need you.
- Casey Novak: Yeah, well, it's harder to care when your clients are guilty.
- Brett Smith: Ours are accused of SEC violations, not diddling some 4 year old on the playground.
- Casey Novak: Look, I'm sorry. I have to go.
- Bret Smith: No more late night calls, no more rape victims and dead kids. How do you sleep at night?
- Casey Novak: I don't.
- "Tread easy. Everybody is already heated enough."
- – Donald Cragen
- Tutuola: What's going on in Philly?
- Lake: Really good cheesesteaks.
- Lake: Are you interrogating me, detective?
- Stabler: No. I'm watching you drown.
- Warner: I see the circus is in town.
- Stabler: What do you expect? When cops shoot each other, clowns come out. It's entertainment.
- Tutuola: Do you know everything about Olivia?
- Stabler: No, but I'd notice if she disappeared once a month.
- Lake: I'm not used to sitting to take a leak.
- Tutuola: That's the price of turning a vacant lot into the OK Corral.
- Cragen: Olivia, Elliot...my office.
- Novak: You think you could manage to read Detective Lake his rights?
- Stabler: I miss something?
- Novak: I specifically told you not to question him. He's under the 48-hour rule and shielded from interrogation.
- Stabler: Don't worry. He didn't say anything.
- Novak: Yeah, and lucky for you. Because if he talked, it would've been inadmissible and under immunity.
- Stabler: Okay, so how are we supposed to put this down when most crimes are solved within the first 48?
- Novak: You know what? That's not my problem. So you either follow orders, or just stay out of the way.
- Tutuola: Dumping my phones was a bitch move, Stabler.
- Stabler: Yeah, I called him. I didn't think he'd run.
- Tutuola: You should've stayed out of it.
- Benson: Take it easy.
- Tutuola: He's my partner.
- Stabler: Who you helped evade arrest.
- Cragen: Dial it down or you're both going on report. Lake is not our problem anymore. The fugitive apprehension team will take it from here.
- Tutuola: All those guys do is workout and shoot guns. They're gonna kill Lake.
- Cragen: Well, that's not how FAT works, Detective.
- Tutuola: Kralik's got a lot of friends on the street that'd like to see Lake dead. You gotta at least let me look.
- Stabler: Where you gonna start? You don't even know the guy.
- Tutuola: I know he didn't do it.
- Stabler: Three bullet holes in the victim's back say different.
- Tutuola: You ever think the force behind the first two spun Kralik? We're trained to keep firing till the subject is down.
- Tutuola: News reports are saying Lake took a hostage. Who gave them that?
- Stabler: How about your partner after he took Cecelia Cruz with a warrant on his ass?
- Benson: All Lake had to do was ID the shooter.
- Stabler: You can't be sure that he saw him. It was dark out, there were bullets flying.
- Benson: What is your problem?
- Stabler: He didn't trust us.
- Benson: And maybe for good reason.
- Stabler: Look, all the evidence pointed to his guilty.
- Benson: Which means that we should've taken a hard look at Lake, not Fin.
- Stabler: Oh, so I shouldn't have dumped his phones?
- Benson: Fin's a straight shooter, Elliot. All you had to do was ask him. I think you need to make this right.
- "Squeeze that trigger, you'll be dead before the slug leaves the pipe."
- – Stabler stopping Thomas Crane from shooting Lake
- Novak: The jury's looking at my witness like she did something wrong.
- Waner: People feel strongly about immigration on both sides.
- Novak: That's why your forensic testimony needs to be solid. Is this partial profile enough to say he's a match?
- Warner: Yes, but it leaves you wide open on rebuttal.
- Novak: Okay, why?
- Warner: All human cells except platelets have 13 loci. The semen the lab tested presented only nine, which means it was significantly degraded.
- Novak: I'll need probabilities as to the DNA match for Crane.
- Warner: I can't give them with what we have.
- Novak: Okay, without it, he walks. Thomas Crane raped and murdered a young girl, and we gave him the badge to hide behind while he did it.
- Warner: I know what you want me to say, but the science doesn't support it.
- Novak: When the defense gets these lab reports, they might have enough for reasonable doubt. Can you live with that?
- Warner: If I have to, because I sure as hell won't risk my reputation for a verdict we didn't earn.
- Donna Emmett: Two shooters. You must be a hard man to kill.
- Chester Lake: Well, I was lucky.
- Emmett: You call the lab to move the evidence. What were you told by the desk officer?
- Lake: That I needed a boss to request it.
- Emmett: Was that all you were told?
- Lake: I don't recall.
- Emmett: You weren't told that the evidence was too degraded and contaminated for testing?
- Lake: No.
- Emmett: Objection. Your Honor, I call for an immediate mistrial. There's a serious cover-up going on here, and I have proof that this witness perjured himself, and the prosecution violated Brady.
- Novak: Your Honor, that's ridiculous. no one lied. Counsel is accusing my office of conspiracy in front of the jury just to score points.
- Petrovsky: Enough! In my chambers now.
- Stabler: Look, the situation got a little heated and I want to say I'm sorry about that.
- Tutuola: You're a bulldog, Stabler. Quick to assume, slow to admit when you're wrong. Makes for a good cop, but a lousy human being.
- Benson: Fin, hear him out.
- Tutuola: Stay out of it, Liv. That being said, I know what it cost you.
- Stabler: Appreciate that.
- Tutuola: I'm not done. The problem is you will still be the same rat bastard tomorrow, and nothing you say will ever change that.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the final appearance of Adam Beach as Detective Chester Lake.
- The mighty Casey strikes out; final appearance of Diane Neal as A.D.A Casey Novak until "Reparations," the 21st episode of season 12.
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
Office of the
Darraty's Fruit Packing
Stebor Clothing Designs
Trial Part 46
Trial Part 46
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|