|Division||Crime Scene Unit|
|First Appearance||"Justice Denied"|
Detective Colin Bennett is a Forensics technician who works for the NYPD's Crime Scene Unit. He is known as Detective Odafin Tutuola's "Rope Guy" and CSU's "Renaissance Man" for his expertise in ropes, tides, solvents, and paints.
- Bennett determined that her rapist had U.S. Navy training and is left-handed, through the type of knot the rapist used to tie her to the bed.
- Bennett built a timeline and path of when and where Ariel Randolph was put in the rowboat and the course said rowboat took before it ended up where she was found.
- Bennett processed an apartment owned by Carl Rudnick under an assumed name after knife marks are found. He determined that a cleaver was used to dismember the body and found dried blood underneath the carpet.
- The Susie Frain case (SVU: "Criminal Pathology")
- Bennett processed Rudnick's car and found traces of Susie's blood in the back.