|←||SVU, Episode 2.15||→|
|Production number: E1412|
First aired: 23 February 2001
| Written By|
Dawn DeNoon & Lisa Marie Petersen
The Detectives have to work around the clock to find an abducted girl.
When a girl escapes from the van of the man who abducted and raped her, the SVU team learns that this perp has a strange M.O.: He kidnaps young girls and holds them hostage for three days, photographing them in different costumes and throwing them birthday parties, before raping and murdering them. But even after they find him, there's one final twist to this grisly tale.
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Isabel Gillies as Kathy Stabler
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- Dylan Price as Detective Danny Tatum
- Patricia Cook as Elizabeth Stabler
- Jeffrey Scaperrotta as Dickie Stabler
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Chief A.D.A. Charlie Phillips
- Frank Deal as Defense Attorney Don Newvine
- Lou Carbonneau as C.S.U. Technician Harry Martin
- Kent Cassella as Detective Palmieri
- Jim Gaffigan as Oliver Tunney
- Debbon Ayer as Mrs. Douglas
- Andrea Bowen as Sophie Douglas
- Jonathan Fried as Clayton Mills
- Ray Iannicelli as Saul Garner
- Lisa Roberts Gillan as Mrs. Simmons
- Ann Talman as Mrs. Lehr
- Ted Sutton as Robert
- Thomas Schall as Dawson
- Kia Goodwin as Shari
- Uzi Parnes as Joe Hayes
- Kristin Rohde as Detective Becker
- Johnathan MClain as Isaac Yarbrough
- Christine Toy Johnson as Dr. Anderson
- Ramsey Faragallah as Market Owner
- Brian Cahill as Uniform Policeman
- Rafael Ferrer as Detective Trainor
- Timothy Shew as Charles Guzek
- Tracie Higgins as Mrs. Guzek
- Alicia Sedwick as Sheila
- Lisa Summerour as Defense Attorney Dylan
- Elliot Stabler: Damn it, it's the twins' birthday. I never picked up their present.
- Olivia Benson: Well, I think you have an excuse.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah, you come talk to me after you cancel on Michael again tonight.
- (Benson has given up on finding the victim and is arguing with Stabler)
- Captain Cragen: Get a few minutes of rack time, both of you!
- Stabler: Take a nap. I'll let you know how it turns out.
- Benson: Screw you.
- Stabler: Screw you.
- Captain Cragen: (to Olivia) You, go out and get some fresh air. Elliot, talk to your wife.
- Stabler: You want us to go to Queens? I live in Queens. You know how long it's gonna take us?
- Captain Cragen: Not as long as it's gonna take them to get their asses down here.
- Stabler: Good point.
- "I've read the same paragraph five times and I still have no idea what it says."
- – Benson
- Stabler: Pick up the phone.
- Munch: The wacko on line one or the psychotic on line two?
- "While we're there, remind me to get party tape for the twins' birthday party. I don't want to have to use crime scene tape."
- – Stabler
- Alex: I need you to authorize this deal.
- Phillips: Counselor, I am a public servant, and the public at large does not want this boil on the butt of humanity living to a ripe old age.
- Alex: Charlie, think of the mother!
- Phillips: I am! And I'm sure that she'd want to see him to die.
- Alex: Maybe. But she probably wants to know what happened to her daughter also.
- Phillips: And what about the mothers of all his other victims? They want him dead. The city wants him dead. Even protesters against the death penalty want to see this guy dead.
- (Cragen comes out of a bathroom stall to find all his detectives waiting for him)
- "I'm not tipping all of you."
- – Captain Cragen
- "Look! I know we're on your turf, and I would be prickly about it, too. That's why I had every intention of coming down here, and shmoozing, and kissing a little ass! But we have got a ticking clock, do you understand? My partner and I have been on this case for three days straight, and we're too damn tired to get in a pissing match, so we just need to know if you're gonna help us or not!"
- – Benson
- Olivia Benson: We're positive it's him?
- Munch: Unless there's a white-van-driving, dentally-challenged, pedophile convention in town, I'd say yes.
Background information and notes
- Twins Elizabeth and Dickie Stabler were born on 21 February 1993.
- The killer mirrors real-life killer Gary Ridgway who also escaped the death penalty by withholding information about more deaths.
Episode scene cards
Child Advocates Center
Child Advocates Center
Aladdin's Party Supplies
Dawson's Photo Studio
Redhook Warehouse District
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|