|←||SVU, Episode 14.12||→|
|Production number: 14012|
First aired: 30 January 2013
| Written By|
A.D.A. Barba tries a murder case against an unpredictable defense attorney in a showdown that stretches the boundaries of the law.
The SVU detectives go undercover to arrest a man who targets and brutally attacks other men. They gather enough evidence for A.D.A. Barba to file charges, but the case begins to spiral as he contends with a deceptively tough defense attorney.
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen (credit only)
- Nia Vardalos as Attorney Minonna Efron
- Victoria Rowell as Judge Delilah Hawkins
- Raúl Esparza as A.D.A. Rafael Barba
- Miguel Pinzon as Jace
- Paul Fitzgerald as Charles Murphy
- Max Carpenter as Jeremy Jones
- Jenny Bacon as Laurel Dunlevy
- Annika Boras as Melissa Murphy
- Wass Stevens as Curren
- Fred Norris as Leon
- Andres Quintero as Mason Clark
- Jeff Talbott as Curtis Armstrong
- James Lloyd Reynolds as Ethan Jackson
- Greg Connolly as Todd Wyman
- Tationna Bosier as Ingrid
- Anne-Marie Cusson as Jury Forewoman
- Connor Priest as Hunter Murphy
- Fin: (to Amaro) Hey, come on, Nick, you gotta neaten it up, man. You can't be all messy cruising a gay bar.
- Amaro: Hey, we can't all look like Al Sharpton.
- Olivia: (to Amaro) "Did you kiss him?" Nick, he's a victim.
- Amaro: He's a victim in search of a crime. Look, if he'd have gotten into that Mercedes with his family and driven to Connecticut--
- Olivia: You mean like he was supposed to?
- Amaro: All I'm saying is he would have been fine.
- Olivia: (to Barba) I'm just wondering, would you challenge a straight marriage like this?
- Barba: If I thought the husband was good for a murder, I'd cross-examine the priest.
- Olivia: (to Barba) You're gonna argue that a gay man married to another gay man hates gays?
- Barba: Watch me.
- Ms. Efron: (during her opening statement) What am I thinking right now? That I wish I'd had a second cup of coffee before court this morning, or that Mr. Barba's prosecution is so wrong that he should be taken out and shot? You can't tell, can you? And what does it matter? Do I deserve to be punished for something that's only inside my head?
- Barba: Objection. Ms. Efron is arguing the wisdom of the law and not making an opening statement.
- Judge: Ms. Efron, watch yourself.
- Ms. Efron: I'm sorry, Your Honor. I don't know what I was thinking.
- Ms. Efron: (about Jeremy Jones) You were wrong about him. He doesn't just hate gays..
- Olivia: He hates everyone.
- Barba: No. He hates himself.
Background information and Notes
Episode background info.
Episode scene cards
| Previous episode:|
| "Criminal Hatred"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|