|←||CI, Episode 2.16||→|
|Production number: E3215|
First aired: 9 March 2003
| Teleplay By|
Warren Leight & René Balcer
Detectives Goren and Eames start an investigation when the release from prison of a wealthy, aggressive old man is followed by the murders of his trophy wife and his lawyer.
When the lover of a recently released convict is shot to death outside his own front door, his paranoia and past behavior leads to the theory that he wanted her killed in revenge. When he attempts to have his son killed, it is realized that he is being played by a prison bunkmate who seeks to escape with his son to Cuba. Goren and Eames must find a way to put both of them back in jail.
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
- Clifton Powell as Dempsey Powers
- Peter Marx as Milt Winters Jr.
- Sean Nelson as Taye Powers
- Stephen Gregor as Tim Vasen
- Loreni Delgado as Gloria Escobar
- Sidné Anderson as Sally Haimes
- Steve Scionti as Tony Sirvino
- Cady Huffman as Pamela Winters
- Joel Grey as Milton Winters
- Tibor Feldman as Jack Duvall
- Alvin Ing as Dr. Chang
- Jefferson Slinkard as Winston Malik
- Malcolm Barrett as Ahmal
- Oliver Solomon as Solomon
- Lisa Branch as Jaqueetha "JC"
- Yvette Mercedes as Juanita
- Nick Raio as Guard
- Charles Gray as Cell Guard
- Mark Azarcon as Ike
- Al Sachs as Shooting Cop
- Dempsey Powers: You're a devil.
- Alexandra Eames: You should see me in a blue dress.
- Dempsey Powers: Yeah, well I ain't afraid of the devil.
- Milton Winters: It's these cops! They're trying to kill me! They're after me!
- Robert Goren: For once you're right -- we are after you. Milton Winters, you're under arrest!
- "You know, it's a shame. All this trust and loyalty...look where it gets you."
- – Robert Goren
Background information and notes
- In this episode we learn that Detective Alexandra Eames' father was a police officer in the 40th Precinct. However, in a later episode, "My Good Name", it was implied that Johnny Eames worked out of the 91st Precinct.
| Previous episode:|
| "Cuba Libre"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|