|←||L&O, Episode 18.02||→|
|Production number: 18006|
First aired: 2 January 2008
| Written By|
William N. Fordes & David Slack
Lupo and Green must find a mother and daughter who were kidnapped. Problem is, the whole city is stuck in a blackout. As the police and the DA's office struggle to make do, evidence starts to emerge that the kidnappings were part of a revenge plot against an energy company that has been staging blackouts to manipulate energy prices.
Main cast Edit
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Jeremy Sisto as Detective Cyrus Lupo
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Linus Roache as Executive A.D.A. Michael Cutter
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Sam Waterston as D.A. Jack McCoy
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Paula Leggett Chase as Judge Dorothy Parnell
- Jordan Lage as William Tyrell
Guest cast Edit
- Thomas McCarthy as John Conlan
- Valentina de Angelis as Katie Conlan
- Patrick Stump as Marty Dressler
- Jon Krupp as Lee Bremmen
- Martin Shakar as Nick Costas, Sr.
- Brad Calcaterra as Roy Barkin
- Gerritt Vandermeer as Paul Kleist
- Caralyn Kozlowski as Alana Conlan
- Hettienne Park as Tina Shen
- Joe Forbrich as Detective Joe Cormack
- Sarah Hayon as Isabel Paez
- Julie Jesneck as TARU Technician Samantha Grimes
- Tom Greer as Sergeant Simmons
- Michael Willis as Mr. Declan
- Rebekah Aramini as Robyn
- Chandler Vinton as Carol
- Katie Barrett as Zhora
- Mary Perez as Clerk
- Tim Kelleher as Forensics Technician
- Marisa Ryan as Woman with Drink
- T.J. Mannix as Other Attorney
- Frank Ciornei as Bodega Clerk
- Vincent Caiola as Firefighter (uncredited)
- Sara DeRosa as Intern (uncredited)
- Chris Shanklin as Juror (uncredited)
- (Bradley has refused to grant the police an emergency warrant to search Galaxy o' Petsss due to a lack of evidence to justify the search)
- Judge Walter Bradley: Just because the power's out doesn't mean we unplug the Constitution.
- (Lupo is trying to figure out where Nicky Costas might have been headed before his death, but the elder Costas has terrible Alzheimer's)
- Nick Costas: Do you know if he's comin' by today?
- Cyrus Lupo: I don't think he's coming by, sir.
(Costas looks sad for a second, but then starts chuckling)
- Nick Costas: Heh... I know what he's doin'... He's feeding the snake!
- (Barkin has tripped while trying to flee the police)
- Roy Barkin: Oh, officer! Thank god you're here! I just saw someone run by, I think he was a burglar or somethin'!
- Cyrus Lupo: Shut up.
- Connie Rubirosa: So you were just the dumb muscle?
- Roy Barkin: You can kiss my dumb muscle.
Background information and notes Edit
A similar real event to what happened with the companies in the episode resembles that of the Enron Scandal. (I.E. the regulating / adjusting energy flow, to manipulating energy prices.)
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|