|Title||The Bowery Stalker|
|Affiliation||United States Army|
|Pathology|| Serial killer|
Kern joined the U.S. Army, believing its sole purpose was to kill people, but was eventually discharged for psychological reasons. After this, Kern befriended Marvin Posey, with Kern being the dominant leader of the duo over the mentally fragile Posey. Kern and Posey went on a murder spree in New York, kidnapping and murdering a number of people, who they held captive in a garage. When Kern left Posey to watch a victim while he went to his job, the woman escaped and led the police to the garage. By the time they arrived, Kern and Posey escaped. Sometime later, Kern murdered a companion who owned a farm near the Canadian border. He and Posey took over the farm and built a military bunker for "the upcoming racial war". Kern's journal later revealed plans to survive there and create a new generation by impregnating female sex slaves, whom they would kidnap and hold captive in the bunker.
Detectives Munch and Tutuola hunt Kern and Posey all the way from New York City up to their hideout, after a witness unsuccessfully attempts to interfere in the duo's latest kidnapping. As the police closes in on the duo, Kern grows tired with Posey's mistakes and brutally murders him before taking off from the farm with two hostages, a mother and her daughter, crossing the border into Canada. When the police find the farm, they also find a massive amount of bodies buried around the property.
Finally, the Canadian police arrest Kern for shoplifting in a supermarket with the hostages found alive and physically unharmed in his stolen vehicle. Munch interviews Kern who gloats about being able to be a step in front of the police for over a year. Kern taunts Munch for not being able to catch him back in New York and describes how his victims died. When Munch tries to retort with Kern's future holding a death penalty, Kern blows him off, revealing that Canada does not extradite anyone on capital offenses without waiving the death penalty.
ADA Alex Cabot comes to Munch's aid. At the extradition hearing, she claims that the state of New York will try Kern for a car theft he confessed to during his interview with Munch. Despite the Canadian prosecutor's attempt to contest the extradition, the Canadian judge grants the extradition without hesitation. Later, a shocked and disillusioned Kern is brought back to a New York state facility, where he is arrested for the murders.
- Unknown dates: At least 18 unnamed people (all raped, tortured, mutilated, and/or murdered)
- Ernest Dillman (slit his throat)
- Four unnamed women (all raped, tortured, and murdered)
- Sarah Kimmel (kidnapped, raped, and tortured for two days; escaped)
- Arnold and Amanda Cokely:
- Arnold Cokely (murdered)
- Amanda Cokely (raped, tortured, and murdered after a few days of captivity)
- Annie Tassler (tortured and murdered)
- Jenny Michaelson and her unnamed mother (kidnapped and intended to murder; both were rescued in Canada)
- An unnamed couple (slit their throats; their vehicle was stolen)
- Marvin Posey (his accomplice; tortured, mutilated, and murdered)