|←||SVU, Episode 5.27||→|
|Production number: E4522|
First aired: 10 June 2004
| Written By|
After Detectives Benson and Stabler find two small Chinese children mysteriously abandoned by their missing mother, they soon discover that the mother is an illegal immigrant whose older daughter is being held against her will until the mother can pay off the smugglers' fee for bringing the family to America. The police use the missing woman's sister, Li Mei (guest star Ming-Na from NBC's "ER"), to penetrate the secretive society and find out what happened to her, but their plan backfires when Li Mei is found severely beaten and bearing an ominous message from the kidnappers. They capture Ricky Yao, but he refuses to cooperate and the detectives realize that the missing girl may have witnessed the mother's murder by Yao and if he gets arriagned he'll have her killed. To buy time, Novak has Yao put on a bus to Attica instead of arraignment while the detectives search for the missing girl. They catch a break when Finn learns that the Vice Squad caught some of Yao's hookers and they interview one who recignizes the girl's picture and agrees to try to help in exchange for a deal so she doesn't get deported. When Stabler offers to get a lawyer who had been helping illegals get asylum for free help her, she reveals that he was the one who sold her to Yao. With the help of Huang and Li Mei, they trap him trying again with Li Mei supposedly being the immigrant and Huang her brother trying to get her in the country. The lawyer gives up the girl's location and the police raid the brothel while Yao is arriagned and after getting released on his own recognizance, he signals someone to order her death. Novak and a court officer chase him, but get him too late. Benson and Finn find the girl as she's about to be murdered and the man who was going to execute her uses her as a hostage. As Benson tries to talk him down, Stabler comes in through another door and shoots him dead while he's distracted. The girl is rescued and reunited with Li Mei, but IAB wants to talk to Stabler, presumably about his use of deadly force.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch (credit only)
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Mike Doyle as Forensics Technician Ryan O'Halloran
- Tom O'Rourke as Judge Mark Seligman
- Jake Robards as Assistant M.E. Cardillo
- Donnetta Lavinia Grays as Officer Ramirez
- Paul Borghese as Officer Tanner
Guest cast Edit
- Ming-Na as Li Mei
- Jack Yang as Ricky Yao
- Aaron Yoo as Tommy
- James Hong as Sweatshop Owner
- Kim Chan as Mr. Zhang
- Curtis L. McClarin as Customs Officer
- Gene Canfield as Counterfeit Unit Detective
- Craig Walker as Howard Kendall
- Loren Dean as Roger Baker
- Sabrina Jiang as Hannah Wu
- Margaret Reed as Felicia Chatham
- Andrew T. Lee as Charlie Ping
- Ted Oyama as Clerk
- Karen Tsen Lee as Penny Chen
- Jenny Wong as Ping Wu
- Cindy Lee Moon as Jade
- Nancy Eng as Sweatshop Woman
- Helen Palladino as Mrs. Armita
- Pam La Testa as Neighbor
- Rich Chew as Chinese American Officer
- Elizabeth Flax as ER Nurse
- Corrine Hong Wu as Prostitute
- David Ng as Chinese Thug
- Roger Wu as Man with Gun
- Frankie Dellarosa as Court Officer
- Casey Novak: We found Jiao’s body buried under your whorehouse in Flushing.
- Ricky Yao: Check the property rolls. Mrs. Chan owns that place, sweet old lady.
- Casey Novak: Grandma didn’t slit Jiao’s throat.
- Ricky Yao: How do you know?
- Casey Novak: Are you ready to deal?
- Ricky Yao: Like I told that hot lady cop, I have nothing to say.
- Customs Officer: We used to raid sweatshops every week for making phony handbags, designer jeans, even T- shirts, but since 9/11, we put all our manpower into DVDs.
- Olivia Benson: Boot-leg movies pose a threat to national security?
- Customs Officer: When al-Qaeda’s selling them. Interpol raided a sleeper cell found 20,000 copies of Lion King, cheap to make, the profit margin’s higher than drugs and a hell of a lot less risky.
- Elliot Stabler: Using Mickey Mouse to fund terrorist attacks on America. What next?
- Ricky Yao: How about the two of us, candlelight, bottle of cristal.
- Olivia Benson: I don't date scum.
- Ricky Yao: Such a beautiful woman with such a foul mouth. What a turn on.
- Olivia Benson: Shut up and wait for your lawyer.
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards Edit
Zhihua Buddhist Temple
ACS Foster Home
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|