|←||SVU, Episode 7.01||→|
|Production number: 07004|
First aired: 20 September 2005
| Written By|
Detective Stabler goes undercover in order to catch a recently paroled rapist who he is convinced has returned to his old ways.
Stabler goes undercover as a sex offender to gain the trust of a serial rapist released from jail, but his cover is blown, putting his life in danger.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch (credit only)
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Robert Patrick as Ray Schenkel
- Robert Walden as William Dorsey
- Jim Moody as Dr. Zuckerman
- Gordon MacDonald as Pete
- Umit Celebi as Leo
- Brittany Underwood as Kelly Browning
- Carrie MacLemore as Lucy Kozlowski
- Betsy Beutler as Girl (Kidnapped Victim)
- Tyler Alexander as Paramedic
- Timothy Patrick Klein as Security Guard
- Alyssa May Gold as Girl (Greyhound Bus)
- Ray Schenkel: What kind of fool rapes a girl the day he gets out of prison?
- Olivia Benson: You, Ray. Because there's no cure for sex offenders!
- "Radios don't have civil rights."
- – Odafin Tutuola
- Elliot McEvoy: I went to prison for what I did
- Zuckerman: No, you went to prison because you got caught.
(On loaning "Mack" the money for a van)
- Elliot McEvoy: You're just gonna trust me to pay you back, huh?
- Ray Schenkel: It's not like you're gonna rip me off. (grins) I know where you live.
- Ray Schenkel: Get the van. We'll have a good time with it.
- Elliot McEvoy: You're not a fag, are you?
- Ray Schenkel: (grins) No. I thought we could use it to pick up girls.
- Ray Schenkel: You in?
- Elliot McEvoy: Oh yeah.
- "Mack, rage and lust are hungry beasts inside of us. The more we feed them, the stronger they get. Stop fighting things you can't change."
- – Zuckerman
- Elliot McEvoy: Fall off the wagon?
- Ray Schenkel: It's time for you and me to have some fun.
- Ray Schenkel: Put her down
- Elliot McEvoy: (drops the victim on the mattress) What now?
- Ray Schenkel: You go first.
- Elliot McEvoy: Well, I mean, you found her.
- Ray Schenkel: I wanna watch.
- "You think it's over just 'cause the girl's gone? It's not over! We're just getting started."
- – Ray Schenkel, before knocking Elliot Stabler out
- "I've always been a great judge of character. So I've been sitting here wondering how I could have been so wrong about you. (pause) Maybe I wasn't. Some of what you said was a load of crap, but not all of it. I can see it. You and me... we're brothers under the skin."
- – Ray Schenkel
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode was filmed during season 6, but was held for airing until season 7.
- Starting with this season, Tamara Tunie (M.E. Warner) is the first medical examiner in the Law & Order franchise to appear in the opening credits, though she does not actually appear in this episode.
- Elliot's cover story about working at his sister's husband's body shop is taken from the season 3 episode, "Justice".
- In the beginning of the episode, there is a sign that says Elmira Correctional Facility, but the facility used is not the actual prison at Elmira.
- Nitpick: They never explain how Ray Schenkel managed to commit the rape at the Port Authority without leaving any DNA behind. For that matter, they never present any evidence that he actually did commit the rape.
- Nitpick: Elliot could've gotten in a lot of trouble for almost killing Ray Schenkel. He could have just shot the guy in the leg or something, but he almost killed him by strangling him.
Episode scene cards Edit
Division of Parole
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|