|←||SVU, Episode 8.14||→|
|Production number: 08015|
First aired: 13 February 2007
| Written By|
While pursuing a case against a teenage girl who appears to have committed murder while under the influence of several drugs, a video circulates that appears to show Stabler beating a young man to death.
After a mob lawyer, Sidney Truex is attacked and his wife brutally murdered, Benson and Stabler question their daughter, Charlotte, but her wild night of drunken partying leaves her unable to recall her actions, even though her father insists she was at the scene of the crime. Stabler is charged with excessive force when the daughter's boyfriend dies in his custody. He is eventually cleared when its discovered that the boyfriend died of a cardiac syndrome when he apprehended him and that his internal injuries were from Stabler using CPR to try to save him, not excessive force.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch (credit only)
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Robert John Burke as IA Sergeant Ed Tucker
- Isabel Gillies as Kathy Stabler
- Albert Jones as A.D.A. Fritz
Guest cast Edit
- Emily VanCamp as Charlotte Truex
- Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick as Tommy Truex
- Liza Lapira as Forensics Technician
- Ned Bellamy as Police Officer
- Justin Klosky as Ryan Bedford
- Cary Elwes as Sidney Truex
- Allison Hirschlag as Jane Williams
- Jon Conver as Mark
- Noemi Del Rio as Susan
- Tim Kubart as Kevin
- Jessica Tate as Jennifer Brown
- Maura M. Knowles as Patricia
- John Palumbo as Luccio Ricci
- Nick Basta as A.D.A. Brinkman
Hanover Day School
- Tommy Truex [when Olivia asks him who hurt his dad]: A monster hurt my daddy.
- Olivia Benson: (talking to Dr. Warner) Elliot Stabler could never murder anyone, and if you can't prove that, then I will.
- Charlotte Truex [about her dad]: My dad says a lot of things that aren't true. He's a lawyer. He lies for a living.
- Elliot Stabler (to Kathy): It's been a rough couple of days. And I've had a couple of days to think about what's important. I love my job and I love my family. And I nearly lost both of them. I wanna come home.
Background information and notes Edit
- In the episode "Burned," Elliot is clearly living in an apartment building. There is a buzzer on the right at the landing and the large window in the front door shows a small alcove with a second security door leading into the building. In this episode, his front door opens right onto the street. Also, there is no buzzer visible on any of his walls, and Dr. Warner knocked on his front door without having to be buzzed into the building.
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
Hanover Day School
Offices of the
Internal Affairs Bureau
New York State
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|