|←||SVU, Episode 1.13||→|
|Production number: E0910|
First aired: 4 February 2000
| Written By|
Benson and Stabler investigate the murder of a Judge, who often delivered special verdicts for women in return for sexual favors.
After a judge is found murdered in his car, the detectives begin looking into his background and learn that he often delivered special verdicts for women in return for sexual favors and was also behind the funding of a local governor's bid for re-election. The team soon turns their eye to a battered wife with a secret.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Dean Winters as Detective Brian Cassidy
- Michelle Hurd as Detective Monique Jeffries
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Chris Orbach as Detective Ken Briscoe
- Frank Deal as A.D.A Don Newvine
Guest cast Edit
- Kathryn Meisle as Gina Silver
- Jack Gwaltney as Roger Silver
- Bill Marcus as State Attorney General Marcus
- Kelly DeMartino as Junkie
- Linda Halaska as Judge Varella's Secretary
- Angie Everhart as Emily Waterbury
- Brenda Pressley as Carole Pinto
- Lanette Ware as Sheena Reid
- David Mucci as Sergeant
- Judy Frank as Minnie
- Echo Allen as LaVonne
- Ken Garito as Uniform #1
- Otto Sanchez as Delfino Melendez
- Pammy Martin as Jillian Silver
- Charles Tuthill as Peter Tyler
- Warren Varella
- Washington Heights
- 33rd Precinct
- Houston Street Women's Shelter
- Tyrell Reid
- Hillary Rodham Clinton
- "I want you to seal this crime scene tighter than an accountant's ass."
- – John Munch
- Brian Cassidy: Paying for sex. That's so pathetic.
- John Munch: You always pay for it, my friend.
- John Munch: Hello and welcome to Parole Phone. If you're paying with sex, press 1. If you want to make a donation to a phony charity, press 2.
- Elliot Stabler: Yeah, the charities are good, it's the donations that are phony.
- Sheena Reid: He's got three kids. I go there to remind him.
- Olivia Benson: So how'd you get a fourth kid with no conjugal visits?
- Sheena Reid: (glare) Immaculate Conception.
- Olivia Benson: What happened with the ballpeen hammer? Let me guess. You were cleaning it, and it accidentally went off.
- Roger Silver: Pretty and smart. You married, Detective?
- Elliot Stabler: Why don't you play The Dating Game with someone who shares your clinical diagnosis.
- Monique Jeffries: Wow. 4.7 million in one year.
- Brian Cassidy: That's pretty good for a fledgling charity.
- Olivia Benson: "Fledgling." I'm impressed.
- Brian Cassidy: Oh yeah, that's right, I'm a real dope, aren't I? You know what I did last night? I looked it up and I memorized it just so I could impress you.
- Elliot Stabler: Thing I don't get is, why go to such lengths to get an abusive husband out of jail?
- Gina Silver: Oh my god... I didn't do it to get him out. I did it to keep him in.
- "If I could, I would exhume the body and kick his ass."
- – Donald Cragen
- Donald Cragen: Here you go, Marcus. (drops box on table) Happy New Year.
- Marcus: What the Hell is this?
- Donald Cragen: 42 cases that are now *your* problem.
- Donald Cragen: There's an opening in Narcotics, Captain's a friend of mine. You could do a lot of good over there, you know. It wouldn't...
- Brian Cassidy: Wouldn't what?
- Donald Cragen: Well, it wouldn't be like this, Brian.
- Brian Cassidy: Okay. I'm outta here.
- John Munch: For good, you mean? Well maybe you should. You know, you're a sweet guy, Bri, stuff around here's too weird for you.
- Brian Cassidy: Yeah, Captain said I could go over to Narcotics, you know, play cowboy, beat up on some people.
- John Munch: That's not a bad idea. Seriously. I saw the way you were with that junkie, you got with her where most guys can't.
- Brian Cassidy: Honestly, sex crimes? Come on. I still feel embarrassed buying rubbers at the drugstore.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is Dean Winters' last appearance as Detective Brian Cassidy until 12 years later in Rhodium Nights. Winters would also go on to appear elsewhere in the Law & Order franchise with a guest appearance in the Law & Order: Criminal Intent season seven episode "Purgatory".
- This is the first time that Detective Olivia Benson was forced to shoot a suspect. In this case it was Roger Silver.
Episode scene cards Edit
Office of Carole Pinto
| Previous episode:|
"Russian Love Poem"
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|