Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 8.12||→|
|Production number: K2518|
First aired: 21 January 1998
| Written By|
I.C. Rapoport & David Shore
A shooting attack in a restroom leaves detectives trying to determine who was the intended target.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Carey Lowell as A.D.A. Jamie Ross
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Guest cast Edit
- Fred Burrell as Arthur Rigg
- Jennifer Courtney as Karen Yellin
- Paul D'Ambrosio as Mike Thompson
- Vera Farmiga as Lindsay Carson
- Christine Farrell as Forensics Technician Arlene Shrier
- Ben Hammer as Judge Herman Mooney
- Richard Hughes as Dr. Gillick
- Jack Koenig as Hal Patterson
- Judy Kuhn as Beth Prentiss / Ladies' Room Witness
- Joanna Merlin as Deirdre Powell
- Mary Elaine Monti as Jennifer Solvan
- Stephen Pearlman as Dr. Leon Mayer
- Natalie Picoe as Gayle Landis
- J.K. Simmons as Dr. Emil Skoda
- Jim Sterling as Uniform Policeman
- Tracy Dillon as Jennifer
- Ron Faber as Pepitone
- Armand Dahan as Pretzel Vendor
- Adam Busch as Mark
- Lisa Altomare as Marilyn
- Matthew Sussman as Attorney for Arthur Rigg
- Andrew Van Dusen as Andy
- Attica Prison
- Los Angeles, California
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Chicago, Illinois
- The Three Stooges
- Seattle, Washington
- Rey Curtis: Sounds to me like a hit.
- Lennie Briscoe: And a miss.
- Anita Van Buren: Worley. Didn't he crush his girlfriend against a wall with a car?
- Rey Curtis: Yeah. A '54 Studebaker. Mayer was the hired gun to convince the jury that Worley's a mental defect.
- Lennie Briscoe: I'm convinced. The guy purposely messed up a vintage automobile.
- Anita Van Buren: So Mayer was shot by an antique car collector?
- "Relax, we're not the pretzel police. Let me have an extra salty."
- – Lennie Briscoe to a pretzel vendor
- Leon Mayer: The disorder manifests itself very specifically through irrational violence brought on by emotional catalyst, accompanied by memory loss, lack of affect and remorse.
- Emil Skoda: If that's all it takes to duck a murder charge, we're all out of business.
- Jack McCoy: Doctors, the question is very simple. At the time she fired the gun, did Lindsay Carson appreciate the consequences of her actions and did she know it was wrong?
- Emil Skoda: Yes.
- Leon Mayer: No.
- Jamie Ross: Terrific.
- "We say she's cold-blooded, they say she was in a trance. Tomato, to-mah-to."
- – Jamie Ross
- Adam Schiff: The whole world says her father's a murderer, one guy tells her he's sick. She heard what she wanted to hear.
- Jamie Ross: We all do.
- Jack McCoy: Yeah, but we don't all pay forty thousand dollars to hear it.
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Great White Way
Yellow Shutters Motel
| Previous episode:|
"Under the Influence"
Law & Order
| Next episode:|