|←||L&O, Episode 3.11||→|
|Production number: 68015|
First aired: 6 January 1993
| Teleplay By|
Wendell Rawls & Robert Nathan
A Broadway producer's daughter seems to be abducted from a department store, but she and her mother are found in a women's shelter.
When Janet Silver kidnaps her daughter, Samantha from the mall, Logan and Briscoe are sent in to investigate and learn that she committed the crime with the assistance of a children's help organization after going to them with fears that Samantha's father was sexually abusing her.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Carolyn McCormick as Dr. Elizabeth Olivet
- Barry Primus as Gary Silver
- Michael McGuire as Nicholas Teller
- Brian Markinson as David Preston
- Anna Kathryn Holbrook as Janet Silver
- James Murtaugh as Dr. Jenner
- Joyce Van Patten as Ramona Stark, Ph.D.
- Matthew Sussman as Alan Fischer
- Lucille Rivin as Myra Fischer
- Robert Emmet Lunney as Harold Zorn
- Madeline Zima as Samantha Silver
- Bruce Kirkpatrick as Mark Sanders
- Melinda Wade as Leslie Silver
- Lisen Sundgren as Christina Jurgsen
- Olga Merediz as Martha Gonzales
- Carol Woods as Polly Fairfield
- Clebert Ford as Building Superintendent
- Peter von Berg as Ned Halley
- Elizabeth Bove as Sally Birke
- Lindsay Rodio as Jennifer
- Sam Josepher as Saleswoman
- Richard Litt as Police Sergeant
- David Medina as Rafael
- Joseph Amodei as Joe Bova
- Nora Elcar as Jury Forewoman
- Gary Silver: You'll destroy my daughter's life and for what? Public scandal, Page Six?
Background information and notes
- In this episode we learn that District Attorney Adam Schiff's grandson played Little League baseball.
- This episode is based on the Faye Yager case. Yager helped children and their mothers hide from alleged sexual abuse. But she was also accused of abducting children and encouraging them to make false allegations.
| Previous episode:|
| "Extended Family"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"Right to Counsel"