|←||L&O, Episode 17.01||→|
|Production number: 17001|
First aired: 22 September 2006
| Written By|
Jean de Segonzac
The murder of a police officer leads detectives to a tabloid photographer and the sparring Hollywood couple whom he had been chasing.
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
- Wayne Wilcox as Justin Smolka
- Barbara King as Sky Sweet
- James Ransone as Michael Whelan
- Laurie Williams as Paula Turco
- Jeff Steitzer as Earl Woodlief
- Khan Baykal as Gary Blanchard
- Carrie Yaeger as Beth Swailes
- Geoffrey Cantor as Adam Stein
- Flaco Navaja as Teddy Gullo
- Michael Deeg as Jay Sitrick
- Kate Middleton as Paula Carvahal
- Michael Hollick as Nick Carvahal
- Rufus Collins as Judge Dellahunt
- Michael Early as Judge Smales
- Peter Ratray as John Kristof
- Melissa Maxwell as Arraignment Judge
- Brandon Cusma as Uniform
- Joe Catalano as Uniform #3
- Clark Carmichael as Court Clerk
- Sherman Alpert as Courtroom Spectator
- Rebecca Merle as Journalist
- Gary Blanchard
- Bonnie and Clyde
- Jimmy Cassady
- Deep Throat
- Joe Fontana
- Katie Holmes
- Lindsey Lohan
- Los Angeles
- Olsen twins
- Miami/Orlando, Florida
- Shield laws
- Lorraine Whelan
- Anita Van Buren: I said watch and learn. You just promised to close this case.
- Nina Cassady: I was just offering my condolences.
- Anita Van Buren: Watch...and learn!
- Nina Cassady: How many lessons are there, exactly?
- Ed Green: There are 740. Exactly.
- McCoy: "An industry insider says prosecutors don't have a clue as to the actual motive in the case."
- Rubirosa: You should, uh, skip down to the last paragraph.
- McCoy: "With such rocky evidence, we only hope the prosecution isn't bulldogging the Smolka-Sweet family for their lifestyle and non-traditional parenting. What's worse, we ask, a short stay alone in mom's car or nine years of neglect, which is how long it's been since Jack McCoy...has spoken to his only daughter."
- Rubirosa: They're trying to poison the jury pool. It's a very low blow.
- McCoy: See you in court.
- Adam Stein: Yeah, promises, promises. Hey, do you like sangria?
- Rubirosa: You're tie? Really, really stupid.
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
Maestro Lock & Key
Strive Recording Studio
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|