|←||SVU, Episode 11.04||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 14 October 2009
| Written By|
After a night of heavy drinking, Dalton Rindell wakes up to a bloody apartment, a terrible cut on his head and a dead woman in his bed. Unable to recall the night before, Rindell immediately calls the police. Detectives Benson and Stabler suspect the crime is the result of a deadly love triangle; however Rindell does not recognize the victim. After questioning Rindell and the victim’s family and friends, Benson and Stabler are provided with leads in several different directions. Unsure which lead to follow, the two detectives decide to return to the bar where the night began in order to piece together the gruesome truth.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Christine Lahti as Executive A.D.A. Sonya Paxton
- Linda Emond as Dr. Emily Sopher
- Ned Eisenberg as Attorney Roger Kressler
- Georgia Lyman as Officer Whitney Bowman
- Amir Arison as Dr. Manning
- John McCullum as Judge Barry Moredock
- Saila Rao as Media Technician Anu Nayyar
Guest cast Edit
- Scott Foley as Dalton Rindell
- Chris McKinney as Michael Hale
- Tibor Feldman as Dr. Kittle
- Chris Bauer as Bill Tattenger
- Tia Dionne Hodge as Linda Peters
- Elyse Mirto as Celina Rindell
- Joy Suprano as Rita
- Tod Engle as Bartender
- Dylan Diehl as Glenna Fletcher
- David Shih as Paramedic
- Teresa Woods as Reporter #1
- Vanessa Kai as Reporter #2
- Joe Melendes as Reporter #3
- Derrick "Phoenix" Thomas as Officer Cintron [credited as Derrick Thomas]
- Dalton Rindell: She's drunk.
- Sonya Paxton: Wha...Excuse me?
- Dalton Rindell: She's drunk!
- Sonya Paxton: Excuse me Dalton, did you say something to me?
- Dalton Rindell: Trust me, I would know!
- Roger Kressler: (Trying to regain control of his client) Your Honor, this is outrageous!
- Sonya Paxton: Oh what's your problem, you tiny little man? Hey Dalton...
- Barry Moredock: Ms. Paxton!
- Sonya Paxton: Huh?
- Barry Moredock: Have you been drinking?
- Sonya Paxton: (hurriedly) No! N-n-n-n-n-no not at all. I was just up all night preparing--
- Dalton Rindell: What, drinks?
- Sonya Paxton: No, I was going over Detective Benson’s testimony with her. Ask her!
- Barry Moredock: Bailiff, get Detective Benson over here. And have her bring a Breathalyzer.
(Benson has been asked to give Paxton a Breathalyzer test in front of a whole courtroom)
- Sonya Paxton: Olivia... please don't do this to me...
- Olivia Benson: You did this to yourself. Now blow.
- Donald Cragen: (to Benson and Stabler) Now what part of taking a killer-rapist on a field trip sounded like a good idea?
- John Munch: Dalton wasn't technically under arrest...
- Donald Cragen: Zip it, John. They are perfectly capable of making their own half-assed excuses.
- Elliot Stabler: That woman was a walking clusterf-
- (Stabler halts as he sees Paxton walk in)
- Sonya Paxton: That's probably how I would've put it. Except I wouldn't have censored myself.
Background information and notes Edit
- This will mark the last appearance of Christine Lahti as ADA Sonya Paxton until Turmoil.
- This marks the first time onscreen that Olivia visits her mother's grave after learning her mother's death back in Taken and understand the cause of her death in Intoxicated.
- The case has some elements ripped from the headlines of the abortion doctor, Dr. George Tiller, murdered in his church.
- ADA Sonya Paxton's fender-bender excuse is based on Vegas Defense lawyer, Joe Caramagno showing up late to court. The Judge declared a mistrial after a breathalyzer test was administered. His story starts out as a fender-bender, but keeps getting more improbable as he explains.
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
154 East 57th Street
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|