|←||SVU, Episode 11.05||→|
|Production number: 11005|
First aired: 21 October 2009
| Written By|
After Eva Banks makes a shocking discovery about her son Cory's behavior at school, she takes him to the doctor, only to find out that he has been the victim of sexual abuse. Detectives Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler come onto the scene and question the victim and his family. From the boy’s frightened reaction when his stepfather, Thomas Banks, silences the investigation, it is clear to everyone in the room who the real perpetrator is. Detective Benson and Stabler are able to get Cory to tell them about the abuse and where to find nude pictures Thomas took of him. With this evidence, they arrest Thomas who offers up the head of the largest pedophile-rights group in exchange for leniency. They capture the man, Kevin O'Donnell with a flash drive of kiddie porn and are able to arrest many pedophiles as a result. Cabot tries O'Donnell for his crimes and he claims that he did everything out of love and the defense calls Eva to the stand as she has a temper and could ruin the case. However, with Benson's encouragment, Eva keeps her temper and her testimony and the appearance of Cory with the help of Doctor Huang convince the jury and O'Donnell is sentenced to over 3,000 years in prison for his various crimes while Thomas gets twenty years. Eva, finally able to move on with her life, sells her house and moves back to Florida with Cory for a new start after thanking Benson for her help.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Lindsay Crouse as Judge Andrews
- Joel de la Fuente as TARU Technician Ruben Morales
- Jeri Ryan as Attorney Patrice Larue
Guest cast Edit
- Rosie Perez as Eva Santiago
- Garret Dillahunt as Kevin O'Donnell
- Jim True-Frost as Thomas Banks
- Cruz Santiago as Cory Santiago
- Mitchell Jarvis as Tony Accardo
- Jayne Patterson as Mary Sachowski
- Anthony Amorim as Patrick Sachowski
- Hayley Treider as Liz
- Happy Anderson as Frank
- Vincent Gerrard as Marty
- Les Shenkel as Old Man [credited as Leslie Shenkel]
- Gurdeep Singh as Bodega Owner
- Matt Bogart as Father
- Erica Bradshaw as Court Clerk
- Nathanael Albright as Paramedic
Benson: Eva, Eva. You don't have to move.
Eva: But... Thomas pays the mortgage and he's never given me any of the passwords on any of our accounts--
Benson: So? We'll go to the bank, we'll show them your ID, we'll empty the accounts, we'll start a new one in your name and then we come here and change the locks!
Eva: (sighs with relief) Damn girl, you got a little gangster in you, huh?
- (O'Donnell has been thrown into a holding cell with all the alleged pedophiles who have been arrested because of information on his laptop)
- O'Donnell: I want my lawyer.
- Benson: Yeah, she'll meet you in arraignment tomorrow.
(O'Donnell looks around nervously at the angry alleged pedophiles in his cell)
Background information and notes Edit
- ADA Cabot makes her first appearance this season; the last appearance she made was in "Liberties"; as of this episode, she has also been promoted back to the main cast, the first time since "Loss".
- During the course of this episode, Dr. George Huang is revealed to be gay, making him the second confirmed gay principle in the Law & Order franchise. The first was ADA Serena Southerlyn, who came out after being fired by Arthur Branch, as she thought the conservative Branch had fired her because of her sexuality. ("Ain't No Love")
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
Oslo Global Strategies
362 East 34th Street
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|