Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 9.16||→|
|Production number: E0213|
First aired: 3 March 1999
| Written By|
René Balcer & Eddie Feldmann
Carmichael goes up against two doctors who are charged with criminally negligent homicide after a patient dies during a routine surgery.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Polly Adams as Kelly McFarland
- Neal Benari as David Colby
- Stephen Bogardus as Dr. Peter Michaels
- Allyn Burrows as Leonard Dorsey
- George Demas as Mr. Gerard
- Sam Freed as Dr. Bill Rudnick
- Michael Gaston as Mr. Delany
- George Guidall as Dr. Miller
- Seth Jones as Paul Engel
- Geraldine Leer as Michelle DeVoe
- Dominic Marcus as Officer Keller
- Ron McLarty as Judge William Wright
- Larry Pine as Dr. Jacob Weiss
- Charles Pistone as CSU Technician Wheeler
- Brenda Pressley as Danielle Lindsey
- Christina Rouner as Mrs. Atkins
- Anthony Ruiz as Javier Hernandez
- Maria Tucci as Helen Brolin
- Melinda Wade as Glynnis Ward
- Ellen Whyte as Claudia Panati
- Dar Billingham as Pregnant Patient (uncredited)
- Fredi Walker as Valerie Tasche
- "A straight forward divorce matter? That's a new one on me."
- – Lennie Briscoe
- "If Lennie's taking the side of the ex-wife, there has to be something to it."
- – Anita Van Buren
- "The only thing I hate worse than going to a doctor is going to a doctor who lies to me."
- – Lennie Briscoe
Background information and notes Edit
- This episode appears to be based on the headlines of the Lisa Smart medical malpractice case in New York City.
Episode scene cards Edit
Columbus and 71st Street
Medial Office of
St. Mark's Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|