|←||SVU, Episode 9.05||→|
|Production number: 9002|
First aired: 23 October 2007
| Written By|
A volunteer at a rehab center is killed, and her death may be linked to the man she was helping: an Iraqi suffering from injuries that may have been caused by torture techniques employed by an American-hired company.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Adam Beach as Detective Chester Lake
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Elizabeth McGovern as Dr. Faith Sutton
- Jennifer Van Dyck as Dr. Kelly Alvin
- Marjan Neshat as Hagir Abbas
- Jarreth J. Merz as Haroun Abbas
- Libya Pugh as Women's Refugee Coalition Center Director
- Elaine Bromka as Arlene Simes
- Liz Morton as Kate Simes (victim)
- Leon Addison Brown as Clifton Mitchell
- Patrick Page as Jack Rexton
- Lou Martini Jr. as Robert Soloman
- Karen Shallo as Paula Deeks
- Jules Hartley as Jackie Solomon
- Eddie Furs as Manny Jaworski
- Kevin Cutts as Officer Louie Velchik
- Elena Araoz as Arabic Woman
- Jann Ellis as Board Member #1
- Ron Kidd as Board Member #2
- Ralph Lucarelli as Diner Owner #1
- Igor Zhivotovsky as Diner Owner #2
- Kapil Bawa as Diner Owner #3
- Isha Sumner as Torture Victim #1
- Dito Sudito as Torture Victim #2
- Oberon Ka Adjipong as Torture Victim #3
- Marcelo Cabrera as Torture Victim #4
- Potri Ranka Manis as Torture Victim #5
- Nazanin Homa as Torture Victim #6
- Hany Kamal as Torture Victim #7
- Brenda McCullough as Juror
- Steve Hurwitz as Heart Attack Juror
- Rick Johnson as Court Clerk
- Igor Cherkassky as NYPD Cop (uncredited)
- Enhanced Interrogation Techniques (aka Torture)
- Helios Defense Industries
- Josef Mengele
- New Orleans
- Persian Gulf War
- Elizabeth Ross
- United States Army Special Forces
- Washington, D.C.
- "Security cameras across the globe. Munch'll never leave his house again."
- – Elliot Stabler
- Sutton: I oversaw the design and implementation of various interrogation plans. Why would I want to hide that?
- Stabler: Nobody likes to be called a Torturer in public.
- Huang: Sutton is a respected psychiatrist. I've heard her speak on combat related P.T.S.D.
- Warner: Well, the problem is, she isn't treating it. She's causing it. So much for 2,500 years of "First do no harm".
- Huang: That's kind of black-and-white.
- Warner: I didn't know the Hippocratic oath was written in shades of grey.
- Faith Sutton: Our country's at war. I have skills to contribute to that fight. You really want me not to use them?
- Melinda Warner: You took an oath. You don't get to take a time-out because we're at war, because it's difficult to uphold. The oath was written for times like these.
Background information and notes Edit
- Helios is probably based on the private contractor Xe (better known as Blackwater.)
Episode scene cards Edit
Trial Part 22
New York State
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|