Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 9.12||→|
|Production number: E0219|
First aired: 10 February 1999
| Written By|
I.C. Rapoport & David Shore
The investigation into the murder of a community leader, who was beaten to death with a baseball bat, focuses on a struggling college student. McCoy realizes that the student, Jerome killed the man and goes after him on murder charges. Even though he has the possibility of winning the case, after Jerome tells him on the stand about the intense pressure he was under that he just wanted to stop, McCoy decides to offer him a deal of manslaughter in the first degree with six to twelve years in prison. While Jerome's lawyer refuses the deal, Jerome takes it as he knows he did the wrong thing. McCoy later tells Carmichael that he wanted closure on the case and that he knew it was all about two good people doing the wrong thing for the right reason.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Benjamin Bratt as Detective Rey Curtis
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Guest cast Edit
- Avery Waddell as Jerome Warren
- William Bogert as Professor Arlen Howard
- Denise Burse as Sarah Chase
- Sean Cullen as Professor Davis Mills
- Leelai Demoz as Kyle Jefferson
- Marilyn Dobrin as Maria Ditirro
- Dustin Felder as Lionel Kendry
- Frank Girardeau as Detective Gerry Tremont
- Frederick Koehler as Steven Lang
- Adriane Lenox as Myra Warren
- Chris Stafford as Clint Ford
- Chad Tucker as Hart Wilson
- La Donna Mabry as Marsha Alston
- Curtis L. McClarin as Charles Perry
- Ed Wheeler as Reverend Jared Young
- Edwin McDonough as Harold de Groot
- Afemo Omilami as Darryl Lamaine
- Ron Foster as Councilman Clayton
- Ruben Santiago-Hudson as Mr. Winters
- Oliver Solomon as Officer Gilliam
- Lou Martini Jr. as Detective Rossman
- Gary Lowery as CSU Detective Brown
- Susan Wands as Dr. Cameron
- Randall Chase (victim)
- McCoy: I'm offering him a plea on Man One.
- Carmichael: Why? What is this? Affirmative action for murderers?
- Carmichael: And he thought he was under pressure before.
- Carmichael: I'm not sure this is worse.
Background information and notes Edit
- It is mentioned that Jerome Warren went to the Du Bois High School. There is no high school with that name in Harlem, but there is one in Baltimore.
Office of Bookkeeper
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|