|Title||The Pattern 13 Rapist|
Restaurant employee (former)
|Pathology|| Serial sexual assailant|
|Family|| Unnamed father|
Adriana March (mother)
Thomas Eldridge (stepfather)
|First Appearance||"Holden's Manifesto"|
Holden March, a.k.a. The Pattern 13 Rapist, was the prime suspect in a crime spree involving two sexual assaults and three murders.
Holden's parents were divorced, and he moved out of Manhattan to live with his mother and her new husband in Nyack. He eventually returned to Manhattan for school. Because he was borderline-autistic, he had difficulties in socializing with other people and especially getting a girlfriend, despite his high intelligence. As a result, he became frustrated and made a video diary of his social troubles, in which he dictated his beliefs. Eventually, Holden's social frustrations escalated into an uncontrollable rage, and he decided to go on a crime spree to draw attention to himself.
Suspicion was eventually placed on him after he was identified by his former boss at a restaurant. However, as Detectives Olivia Benson and Nick Amaro could bring him in for questioning, Holden makes another video of himself with them and proclaims they are trying to arrest him without a warrant, which attracts the attention of bystanders and forces Benson and Amaro to leave. He then escapes with two handguns in his possession. When discovered at a school during a hostage situation, in Detective Amanda Rollins' attempt to arrest him, Holden was shot to death by other police officers. (SVU: "Holden's Manifesto")
- Holden is based on real-life spree killer Elliot Rodger, who stabbed and shot six people to death and injured thirteen others in a murder spree. Both of them created manifestos that detailed their troubles with socializing and courting women, made videos of themselves complaining about their hardships, blamed other men (especially those of ethnic minorities) for their sexual inabilities, went on killing sprees targeting women, and were characterized as having flat voices and egotistical, entitled personalities.
- 2014, New York City, New York:
- September 9: Jean Louise Asher (attempted; tried to rape)
- September 12: Gwen Young (attempted; groped, tried to rape, and non-fatally stabbed eleven times)
- September 13: Haley Morton (attempted; groped, tried to finger and rape, and non-fatally stabbed fifteen times)
- September 14: Leah Simms and John Brewer (both stabbed to death)
- September 15: The St. Anne's High School shooting: