|←||SVU, Episode 13.14||→|
|Production number: 13014|
First aired: 15 February 2012
| Written By|
A gunman storms a family's home, killing the parents and leaving their teenage daughter in critical condition. When a hate crime investigation turns into a dead end, Benson and the SVU detectives struggle to find a motive for such violence. The clues lead to a surprising revelation about Detective Rollins, which threatens her future in the Special Victims Unit.
Joan and Sidney Eckhouse are shot to death in their household. Their teenage daughter, Emmy, is shot in the head, but survives. At first, the crime looks to be related to Joan's job at the New York Gay Right Coalition, but evidence points to the possible involvement of the Eckhouses' former houskeeper, Carmen and her brother, Jimmy (who is an ex-con and found religion).
Jimmy provides an alibi, but later the detectives discover that Emmy told Carmen about being molested by her father. It then becomes clear that Carmen and Jimmy were protecting Emmy. In the end, Emmy confesses that she was part of the plan to kill her parents because Sidney raped her and Joan didn't do anything to stop it. She was supposed to be with her boyfriend, Rob Fisher, that night, but was shot in the head by accident. Eventually, Emmy is arrested.
Meanwhile, Rollins reveals that she has a severe gambling problem which Cragen helps her find a support group to help her.
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Isiah Whitlock, Jr. as Captain Reece
- Eric Kappenberg as Officer Anthony Parker
- Delaney Williams as Attorney John Buchanan
- Betsy Aidem as Dr. Sloane
- Jake T. Austin as Rob Fisher
- Elizabeth Rodriguez as Carmen Vazquez
- Lauren Kelly as Emmy Eckhouse
- Danny Mastrogiorgio as Mr. Fisher
- Alan Davidson as McCort
- Cady Huffman as Maureen Manning
- Esai Morales as Jimmy Vazquez
- Tommy Flanagan as John Murphy
- Alex Manette as Sidney Eckhouse
- Dawn Evans as Joan Eckhouse
- Miriam Morales as CSU Tech
- "Are you a believer?"
- – Rev. Jimmy to Det. Amaro
Background information and Notes
Episode scene cards
Iglesia Oasis de Fe,
Murf the Surf's Pub
| Previous episode:|
| "Home Invasions"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|