|←||L&O, Episode 17.03||→|
|Production number: 17005|
First aired: 6 October 2006
| Written By|
Michael S. Chernuchin
The explosion that killed an eight-year-old girl is linked to a bitter custody battle, but Cassady and Green must first wade through a sea of real-estate developers and environmentalists to get at the heart of the matter. Meanwhile, McCoy and Rubirosa face off against a powerful feminist group who've taken an interest in the case. As they make their case, Rubirosa finds a confidential memo that shows that the owner had let his insurance lapse after 30 years and realize that he is likely the true criminal. In order to catch him, McCoy teams up with the defendant and her lawyer to lay a trap for him that he falls into and confesses. He reveals that he did it to spite his ex-wife as the house was all he had left and didn't want her to get it and he planned to die in the explosion. After his confession, the ruse is revealed and he is arrested by Cassady for murder and arson. Branch indicates he thinks that the memo was misfiled on purpose so they'd find it and figure everything out.
Main cast Edit
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- Milena Govich as Detective Nina Cassady
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Alana De La Garza as A.D.A. Connie Rubirosa
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
Guest cast Edit
- Mädchen Amick as Alissa Goodwyn
- Robert Emmet Lunney as Miles Schaffner
- Meg Gibson as Judge Edith Milbanks
- Amy Hargreaves as Dana Wechsler
- Nora Dunn as Rosalie Schaffner
- Christopher Wells as Roger Trent
- Michael Tisdale as Michael Kaplan
- Rachel Black as Lisa Denton
- Robert Farrior as Justin Calahan
- Curt Karibalis as Judge Warren Baxter
- John Viener as Harvey Wallace
- Ezra Knight as Judge Sidney Everett
- Glenn Kalison as Kent Wechsler
- Jimmy Palumbo as Max Emerson
- Frank Biancamano as Leonard Kaskell
- Justine Caputo as Jenna Wechsler
- Christopher Kromer as Uniform Cop
- Ron Scott as Fire Marshall
- Ken Forman as Surveyor #1
- James Matthew Ryan as Fireman
- Jack Cleary as Court Clerk
- Michael Bloomberg
- Dominican Republic
- Al Gore
- East Coast Women's Defense League
- "Mrs. O'Leary's Cow"
- McCoy: That's why I'll never get married again.
- Rubirosa: Whoa, she's your...
- McCoy: Second ex-wife's attorney.
- Cassidy: When I was a kid, we used to be afraid of a falling air conditioner.
- Green: When I was a kid, we used to be afraid of...
- Van Buren: Can we skip the existential anguish and figure out who had a problem with Mr. Shafner?
Background information and notes Edit
Episode scene cardsEdit
Emerson Electrical Supply
427 Atlantic Avenue
Wallace Real Estate
| Previous episode:|
| "Home Sweet"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|