|←||SVU, Episode 9.03||→|
|Production number: 9001|
First aired: 9 October 2007
| Written By|
School teacher Sarah Trent is accused of raping one of her students, Shane Mills after he's diagnosed with gonorrhea. Sarah claims that Shane raped her and the detectives discover that Shane has a brain disorder making him obsessed with sex (he has been exposed to internet porn, hired prostitutes, Photoshopped scantily-clad women, and masturbated with high frequency) and he confesses to raping his teacher. Shane, at the insistence of Sarah, is given another chance and is sent to a rehabilitation clinic called the Kastner Center, though Novak warns Shane that he will serve seven years in prison if he screws up again, something which Shane takes serious notice.
However, the situation quickly changes gears when Shane himself is raped in the clinic. Upon learning this, Novak is angered, and it only intensifies when she witness several clinic staff cleaning up the crime scene, prompting her to go after the clinic with a vengeance for covering up a crime. The detectives later found out that all of the clinic staff are ex-cons (with the exception of the administrator David Feldon, the night supervisor, and a guard named Pete Lincoln) and two other young men were raped as well witnessed by their inmates.
A rape kit identifies Shane's rapist as Earl Romaine, who has stolen the identity of the real Pete Lincoln, who is actually working as a guard in a juvenile facility in Florida. It is revealed that clinic staff knew of Romaine's presence in the clinic, but did nothing to stop him from raping Shane. It is also confirmed that Romaine has raped the other two boys as well. Following Romaine's arrest on charges of statutory rape and identity theft, Novak shuts down the Kastner Center with everything she's gathered on it, prompting the other detained boys to be sent to a more a competent facility for juvenile sex offenders. Novak also works out another deal with Shane, that he'll be set on probation while receiving his treatment at another facility, though she warns him that same rules apply of any screw-up that will result a seven-year sentence in prison.
While being held in interrogation for his crimes, Earl Romaine decides to use Shane's getting off because of a brain disorder as his own defense for raping his victims.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (credit only)
- Diane Neal as A.D.A. Casey Novak
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Adam Beach as Detective Chester Lake
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as Dr. Melinda Warner (credit only)
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- Joel de la Fuente as TARU Technician Ruben Morales
- Annie Potts as Attorney Sophie Devere
Guest cast Edit
- Melissa Joan Hart as Sarah Trent
- Kyle Gallner as Shane Mills
- Quincy Dunn-Baker as Jimmy Trent
- Austin Lysy as Russell Hunter
- Liz Keifer as Mrs. Mills
- Richard Joseph Paul as Mr. Mills
- Danny Rutigliano as David Feldron
- David P. Conley as Earl Romaine
- Audrey K. Amey as Receptionist
- Robert Vincent Smith as Dr. Drucker
- Charles Sammarco as Desk Clerk
- Jolan Boockvor as Felice
- Alexis Sims as Bibi
- Wayne W. Pretlow as Security Man
- Erica Bradshaw as Court Clerk
- Ali Wright as Win
- Michael Angelo Ortiz as Gary
- Frank Carlo as Tony
- Liam McMullan as Ryan Bluth
- Frank C. Williams as Court Officer
- Michael Ciesla as Thug (uncredited)
- Kimberly Magness as High Class Call Girl (uncredited)
- Olivia Benson: Casey, you're drowning right now and, unless Stabler can convince that guy to change his mind, I can’t even throw you a life jacket.
- Casey Novak: I'm a big girl. I know how to swim.
- "I can't help it, I got a condition... Y'know, kinda like that kid I raped."
- – Earl Romaine
Background information and notes Edit
- In the previous two episodes and the following episodes, Olivia's hair is short, but in this episode it's long like at the beginning of season eight.
Episode scene cards Edit
Mercy General Hospital
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|