Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||SVU, Episode 13.17||→|
|Production number: 13017|
First aired: 11 April 2012
| Teleplay By|
Stuart Feldman & Warren Leight
One of Benson's solved cases is reopened, and the subsequent legal battle causes friction between Executive ADA David Haden, Bayard Ellis, and Benson.
A rape victim is brought to the hospital after a harrowing hours-long ordeal, and Benson recognizes the suspect's M.O. from a case she solved eight years ago. The jailed rapist confessed to Benson after a tough interrogation but has been claiming his innocence ever since his conviction. The SVU squad is forced to reopen Benson’s old case to determine if they are dealing with a copycat or a case of wrongful imprisonment. As Benson's detective work is challenged, her personal relationship with Executive ADA Haden is also placed in jeopardy when Counselor Bayard Ellis gets involved.
Omar Pena tries to re-open his case and overturn his conviction for raping and torturing a young woman, but his request is denied. When another rape occurs with an identical m.o., Olivia (who was the detective that got his confession) attempts to link Omar to the crime, but the investigation of the new victim's assault turns up DNA evidence from both attacks which does not match Omar or his possible accomplice.
After re-interviewing the first victim, Olivia realizes that she made a mistake when she first questioned Omar and ended up forcing a false confession out of him. Bayard Ellis takes Omar's case and works to get him released from prison while Olivia looks for the new suspect.
In the end, a Brazilian sailor is identified as the real rapist and Omar is released from prison. Because of Omar Pena's false confession, the district attorney creates a committee to investigate past convictions starting with the Special Victims Unit and EADA Haden is in charge of the truth. Due to the conflict of interest, Olivia and Haden end their relationship.
Main Cast Edit
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Danny Pino as Detective Nick Amaro
- Kelli Giddish as Detective Amanda Rollins
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch (flashback only)
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Andre Braugher as Defense Attorney Bayard Ellis
- Harry Connick, Jr. as Executive A.D.A. David Haden
- Ami Brabson as Judge Karyn Blake
- Tabitha Holbert as A.D.A. Rose Callier
- Max Baker as C.S.U. Technician Colin Bennett
Guest cast Edit
- Guillermo Diaz as Omar Pena
- Mark Consuelos as Matt Martinez
- Cynthia LaForte as Gina Logan
- David Harris as Green Haven Warden
- Ramon Fernandez as Javier
- Samantha Soule as Ariel Baskins
- Angela Lin as Courtney Hu
- Alex Coelho as Marco Evoria
- Elizabeth Flax as Nurse
- Daniela Diaz as Sofia Torres
- Fin: My rope guy from CSU's got something.
- Amanda: You've got a rope guy?
- Fin: Yeah. Guess I've been on this job too long.
Benson: Us...this...never happened.
Background information and notes Edit
- The flashback sequence shows that Omar Pena was interrogated during the opening of the episode "Quarry."
Episode scene cards Edit
Crime Scene Unit Lab
Brazilian Frigate Maranhao
Green Haven Correctional
| Previous episode:|
| "Justice Denied"|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|