|"Kid Pro Quo"|
|←||L&O, Episode 13.20||→|
|Production number: E3325|
First aired: 30 April 2003
| Written By|
Eric Overmyer & Roz Weinman
The murder of an admissions director of a private school leads the detectives to investigate a pair of angry parents whose children were denied admission, but then set their sights on the headmaster when they discover that the victim was about to go public with the denied admissions.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Elisabeth Röhm as A.D.A. Serena Southerlyn
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
Recurring cast Edit
- Megan Byrne as Myra Camp
- John Cariani as Julian Beck
- Jeffrey DeMunn as Professor Norman Rothenberg
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- David Lipman as Judge Morris Torledsky
- Thomas Ryan as Judge Robert Garfunkel
- Adam Stein as Assistant M.E. Cantor
Guest cast Edit
- Glynis Bell as Shelby Jennings
- Olivia Birkelund as Clarissa Wagner
- Justine Caputo as Chloe Wagner
- Ellen David as Mrs. Koven
- Susan Greenhill as Leslie Beecham
- Curtis L. McClarin as Marvin Waters
- Josh Mostel as Harvey Anchin
- Joe Narciso as Dr. Marlon Shore
- Greg O'Donovan as Mr. Bolger
- Daniel Oreskes as Merrill Rush
- John G. Preston as Jeff Peters
- Roger Rees as Wyatt Scofield
- Stephen Schnetzer as Dr. Freeman
- Harry Prichett as Doorman
- William Peden as Bruce
- Rick Johnson as Court Clerk
- Darin De Paul as Foreperson
- Wayne Kasserman as Assistant
- Jack McCoy: My mother shoved a box of Crayolas in my pocket, a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in my lunch box, and sent me on my way.
- Serena Southerlyn: Sometimes I wonder how much of this is really for the kids' education and how much is just stroking their egos.
- Ed Green: (about legacy admissions): It's like affirmative action for white folks. Ain't that how George W. got into Yale, 'cause his daddy went there?
- (About Wyatt Scofield)
- Ed Green: Waters is right, he is a condescending bastard. I wanted to kill him myself.
- Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers: This woman had an oophorectomy.
- Lennie Briscoe: You mean she had her oophers removed?
- Cantor (as he hands Briscoe a polaroid of the victim): For your book of memories.
- Jack McCoy: It's the American way. Yesterday's robber baron is tomorrow's philanthropist.
- Serena Southerlyn: What you're really trying to say is that cash trumps merit every time.
- Arthur Branch: And twice on Sundays.
- Lennie Briscoe: Hell hath no fury like a mother scorned.
- Lennie Briscoe: Those crime scene guys are highly overrated. The problem is, they all think they're cops.
- Lennie Briscoe: (to a little girl that thinks he and Green are clowns) Do we look like clowns to you? Don't answer that.
Background information and notes Edit
- The indoor scenes of The Knowles School were filmed at The Marymount School of New York.
- Despite being credited, Lt. Van Buren does not appear in this episode.