|Law & Order|
|Alternate Title(s)|| Law & Order: London|
L&O : UK
|Format|| Crime Drama|
|Picture Format|| 480i (SDTV),|
|Running Time||40–45 minutes|
|Created by||Dick Wolf|
|Narrated By||Robert Glenister|
|Opening Theme||by Andy Price|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Original run||23 February 2009|
|Finale||11 June 2014|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes|| 53|
(As of present)
|List of episodes||Law & Order: UK episodes|
|IMDB profile||Law & Order: UK|
|TV.com summary||Law & Order: UK|
|related shows||Law & Order franchise|
- "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate, yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime, and the Crown Prosecutors who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."
Law & Order: UK (original working title Law & Order: London) is a British television drama based on the original Law & Order - each episode is based on an original script from that show with suitable changes for the English legal system, for example, the lack of felony murder and on occasion more major changes to the storyline. The "Law" is the fictional 'Central London Police' (although dialogue frequently refers to the Metropolitan Police) and the "Order" is the Crown Prosecution Service.
The series airs on ITV and is produced by the independent production company Kudos. So far, fifty-three episodes have been aired, with the final episode of Series 8 aired on June 11, 2014.
On June 4, 2014, ITV announced that the show would be "rested" after Bradley Walsh chose to leave the show and "Repeat to Fade" would be the final episode for the "foreseeable future".
- For a list of episodes, see Law & Order: UK episodes
The following characters are the police who investigate crime.
Crown Prosecution Characters
The following characters are the Crown Prosecutor's who prosecute the offenders.
|Ben Daniels||Crown Prosecution Service (C.P.S.),|
Senior Crown Prosecutor
|Freema Agyeman||Crown Prosecution Service (C.P.S.),|
Junior Crown Prosecutor
|Bill Paterson||Crown Prosecution Service (C.P.S.),|
Director of Crown Prosecution Service George Castle
|Dominic Rowan||Crown Prosecution Service|
(C.P.S.), Senior Crown Prosecutor
Jacob "Jake" Thorne
|Peter Davison||Crown Prosecution Service|
(C.P.S.), Director of London Crown
Prosecution Service Henry Sharpe
|Georgia Taylor||Crown Prosecution Service|
(C.P.S.), Junior Crown Prosecutor
Katherine "Kate" Barker
Recurring Guest Stars
Differences Between UK and Original Show
- Instead of using the original theme by Mike Post or a remix, the show uses a new theme composed by Andy Price.
- The caption cards are displayed in the British date format and add the first part of the postcode for the location e.g. Friday 7th February Bow Street Police Station WC2.
- Many cases are changed from shootings to stabbings or fatal beatings due to the tough British firearms laws that prohibit private possession of handguns and heavily restrict possession of rifles or shotguns.
- It is unknown if Law & Order: UK takes place in the same universe as the American Law & Orders.