|←||SVU, Episode 10.15||→|
|Production number: 100|
First aired: 10 March 2009
| Written By|
After being convicted of four counts of sexual abuse, a pediatrician sues the Special Victims Unit, claiming they should have stopped him after the first incident was reported. But just as the IAB is about to put the unit through intense scrutiny, the pediatrician turns up dead. Meanwhile, former ADA Alexandra Cabot resurfaces. The killer turns out to be a mentally disabled young man named Jeffery who was molested by the doctor, lost his temper, and killed him when the doctor lied to him.
Even though Huang isn't sure he's fit to stand trial, Cabot puts him on the stand, although he clearly isn't fit to be there. Alex realizes she did the wrong thing and talks to Huang, who has figured out what caused Jeffery's disabilities: he has a nervous habit of chewing on things. As a child, he once chewed on an entire box of toys which gave him lead poisoning, leading to serious brain damage and then a seizure. The brain damage was responsible for his temper, and thus his killing of the doctor - meaning it was not Jeffery's fault.
The pediatrician also completely ignored possible lead poisoning which, if treated when it happened when he was five would very likely not have led to the same extent of brain damage that it did. This meant that the doctor victimized Jeffery twice over. This revelation gets his father to finally accept his son as he is, rather than the one he wants. Cabot, as part of a plan, takes them back to trial and calls to the stand the owner of the company who made Jeffery's toys. She reveals evidence that he has illegally put lead-based paint into his toys and has Benson and Stabler arrest him for reckless endangerment.
With that done, Cabot gives Jeffery a plea bargain where he's found not guilty by reason of mental defect and sentenced to a mental health facility where he can finally get the help he needs. She reveals to Jeffery's parents that his case will be reviewed in a month and he could get out then depending on his progress and she has made a deal with the owner of the toy company where he will pay for Jeffery's every need for the rest of his life so he wouldn't go to prison, giving Jeffery the chance to live on his own and have his own life. Cabot's actions cause Benson to comment that she really is back.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Michaela McManus as A.D.A. Kim Greylek
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Stephanie March as A.D.A. Alexandra Cabot
- David Thornton as Defense Attorney Lionel Granger
- Robert John Burke as I.A.B. Lieutenant Ed Tucker
- Mike Doyle as C.S.U. Detective Ryan O'Halloran
- Joanna Merlin as Judge Lena Petrovsky
- John Cullum as Judge Barry Moredock
- Mariette Hartley as Defense Attorney Lorna Scarry
Guest cast Edit
- John Gallagher Jr. as Jeff Lynwood
- Fredric Lehne as Clive Lynwood
- Laura Leigh Hughes as Virginia Lynwood
- Ann Dowd as Lillian Siefeld
- Ross Bickell as Michael Rowan
- Tim Ransom as Logan Coldwell
- Lawrence Arancio as Dr. Gilbert Keppler
- Mary Bacon as Mary McTeague
- Max Schneider as Justin McTeague
- Grant Norman as Kevin Sammers
- Ron Brice as Ben Hicks
- Ralph Peavy III as Bradley Hicks
- Adam Haar as Chuck Paisley
- Nathaniel Albright as Medic
- Bill Kocis as Reporter #1
- Teresa Woods as Reporter #2
- April Armstrong as Reporter #3
- Mike Rutkoski as Jury Foreman
- George Aloi as Reporter (uncredited)
- Amy Simmons as Photographer (uncredited)
Rowan: I'll have your ass for this.
Alex: I already have yours, and it's on the record.
Stabler: How do you know when a lawyer's lying?
Benson: Uh, when his lips are moving?
Stabler: Your telling me our perp's prints are burnt into that shell casing because he eats too much salt?
Cragen: (about Jeff) Are you at all concerned that he's slow?
Alex: That's the defense's problem.
Dr. Huang: (about Jeff) He's an 8-year old in a man's body.
Background information and notes Edit
- This marks the first time Cabot came back to SVU since season 6's Ghost.
- This is the last time ADA Kim Greylek is seen this season.
- Before the end credits, it is dedicated to Dennis Radesky, a crew member for the show.
Episode scene cards Edit
Denslow Medical Center
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|