|←||CI, Episode 2.18||→|
|Production number: E3219|
First aired: 6 April 2003
| Teleplay By|
Rene Balcer & Theresa Rebeck
Steve Shill & Frank Prinzi
When an inner-city father and son are found with their throats slit, Detectives Goren and Eames discover that a series of adolescent boys have disappeared from the same intimidating neighborhood.
The death of a man and his son leads to the discovery of other children who have gone missing from the same neighborhood, and the realization that the parents are too scared to speak to the authorities. Upon discovering that the neighborhood is ruled by a gang of bicycle thieves, Goren and Eames look into the leader of the group. When he convinces a suspect in the murders to kill himself with cyanide rather than talk, the Detectives must find a way to use the group's unusual belief system against the leader.
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Tawny Cypress as Louisa Iberra
- Adrian Davila as Sami Iberra
- Brian Adam DeJesus as Bennie Iberra
- Catrina Ganey as Maxine Dupuis
- Suzanne Grodner as Jennie Gray
- Andres Munar as Frankie Iberra
- Marcos Muniz as Enrique Iberra
- Samantha Perez as Tina Marino
- Patrick Rameau as Lucien Dupuis
- Ted Sod as Anthony Marino-Iberra
- Joy Styles as Nurse Taylor
- Jaime Tirelli as Jimmy Ramirez
- Paul Calderon as Jojo Rios
- Lucas Caleb Rooney as Lawrence
- Tim Kang as Murakami
- Samuel Allen as Chuck
- D.C. Benny as Eddie
- Maxx Brawer as Berto
- Cristián Castro as Ramon
- Nile Lanning as unknown
- "In this neighborhood, the neighborhood watch watches the cops."
- – Alexandra Eames, talking to Robert Goren
- Bennie Iberra: Jojo's a hero.
- Robert Goren: Jojo's a hero? How do you figure that? He's a sound engineer.
(Goren and a keyboard get to know each other)
- Keyboard: Baby!
- Robert Goren: (grinning) Ooh, I like that!
- "Honest people, every last one of them. You can tell because they're such bad liars."
- – Alexandra Eames
- "A man who sees his shortcomings and corrects them is on his way to meeting God."
- – Jojo Rios
- Ron Carver: But I wasn't aware that Marcus Aurelius was an advocate of suicide.
- Robert Goren: Well, he wasn't... But like any belief system, in the wrong hands, Stoicism can be twisted to mean whatever you want...
- Robert Goren: Don't run, Frankie. It won't be good for you if you run.
- Frankie Iberra: (calm) I'm not running.
- Robert Goren: That's good.
- Frankie Iberra: And so it begins...
- Frankie: I am a warrior. I welcome death.
- Robert Goren: (trying to keep Frankie conscious) Yeah, and warriors try to live! They live, and they fight- (Frankie's gone) That son of a bitch!
- "Let's go round up some legionnaires."
- – Robert Goren
Background information and notes Edit
- The episode title "Legion" refers to group of people gathered around ringleader Jojo Rios.
- Actor Paul Calderon is a well known performer in the Law & Order franchise. He also played several different characters in Law & Order, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Law & Order: Trial by Jury.
- In an alternate scene, Louisa Iberra commits suicide after learning about the deaths of her husband and sons.
- In a deleted scene, Sami Iberra tries to escape being killed by his brother but Frankie's friends catch him and slit his throat.
- Bennie Iberra is brutally beaten and killed after he sold-out their leader Jojo for the crime.
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|