|←||SVU, Episode 10.21||→|
|Production number: |
First aired: 19 May 2009
| Written By|
Juan J. Campanella
When Pamela Galliano seeks to have a restraining order reinstated against her ex-boyfriend, Tyler Brunsen, the assigned judge has something else on his mind. In order for some peace of mind, Judge Koehler asks Detective Elliot Stabler to question a convicted serial killer about the whereabouts of his son’s body, which adds a new twist to the case.
Ultimately, it's revealed Tyler and the judge's son are the same person: Tyler had been kidnapped as a child by someone else, and the serial killer had been misleading him. Judge Koehler's impetus for asking for Stabler's help was after Koehler suspected the truth as a result of Tyler yelling a phrase in court that Koehler had taught his son as a child. Koehler and his son reunite at the end of the episode when Koehler helps Tyler remember him.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Sergeant John Munch
- Ice-T as Detective Odafin Tutuola
- Michaela McManus as A.D.A. Kim Greylek (credit only)
- B.D. Wong as Dr. George Huang (credit only)
- Tamara Tunie as M.E. Melinda Warner
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Alan Dale as Judge Joshua Koehler
- Jon Patrick Walker as Tyler Brunsen/Marshall Koehler
- Sprague Grayden as Pamela Galliano
- Silas Weir Mitchell as Owen Walters
- Victor Arnold as Roy Lee Dotson
- Linda Park as T.A.R.U. Technician
- Frank Page as Bailiff
- Unknown as Gregory Brunsen (uncredited)
- Clarence Darrow
- Louis Brandeis
- Department of Defense
- Mahatma Ghandi
- Thomas Jefferson
- Marshall Koehler
- Shawna Koehler
- Rhode Island
- Alan Ridenour
- Owen Walters: Ughhh...Feels like someone put my balls in a wood chipper.
- Elliot Stabler: Mm-hmm.
- Owen Walters: What happened?
- Elliot Stabler: That defenseless girl you targeted? Not so defenseless.
- Tyler Brunsen: Look at this! Pants ruined.
- Elliot Stabler: Calm down.
- Tyler Brunsen: Loot at this: bite marks! Huh? I should be in the hospital getting checked for rabies!
- Olivia Benson: I seriously doubt you gave the dog rabies.
- Joshua Koehler: I'm ready to make my ruling. Given the totality of the circumstances, the court believes that it is unlikely that the defendant will return to the court of his own volition. I am therefore revoking bail and ordering him remanded.
- Tyler Brunsen: What?
- Joshua Koehler: Jimmy, take him into custody.
- Tyler Brunsen: You can't do this I-I-I have rights!
- Alex Cabot: He can have a toothbrush.
- Heshy Horowitz: It's okay, Tyler, I can appeal...
- Tyler Brunsen: You corrupt peace of garbage!
- Joshua Koehler: Son, during the period of your incarceration, I sincerely urge you to do some soul searching. Consider how your conduct will appear to the jury
- Tyler Brunsen: Consider yours. A tyrant will always find a pretext for his tyranny.
- Elliot Stabler: I've dealt with my fair share of kiddie diddlers. You a member of NAMBLA?
- Roy Lee Dotson: I'm no homo. I like boys and girls. They're pretty much the same at that age. No grass on the field.
- Warner: Roy told this girl's parents where he buried her years ago, just not where he stored her first.
- Munch: So Roy played Elliot like a Gameboy. When did you tell judge this?
- Warner: Saturday.
- Tutuola: Why didn't you tell us?
- Warner: Aside from a tour bus massacre that kept me pretty busy, I was a little uncomfortable with what the judge asked me to do.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is the last episode featuring ADA Cabot for this season.
Episode scene cards Edit
Office of the
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|