|←||SVU, Episode 1.14||→|
|Production number: E0919|
First aired: 11 February 2000
| Written By|
Michael R. Perry
The Detectives try to solve the open rape-cases of three women before the statute of limitations expires.
At a victim's request, the police commissioner tries to convince Cragen to close a rape case whose statute of limitations is about to expire. Benson and Stabler finally realize that one of the victims knows the rapist, but she's not willing to talk.
Main cast Edit
- Christopher Meloni as Detective Elliot Stabler
- Mariska Hargitay as Detective Olivia Benson
- Richard Belzer as Detective John Munch
- Michelle Hurd as Detective Monique Jeffries
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
Recurring cast Edit
- Jenna Stern as A.D.A. Kathleen Eastman
- Harvey Atkin as Judge Alan Ridenour
- Peter Francis James as Judge Kevin Beck
- John Driver as Police Commissioner Lyle Morris
Guest cast Edit
- Jenny Bacon as Jennifer Neal
- Judith Hawking as Victoria Kraft
- Seana Kofoed as Lois Creen
- Sam Freed as Private Investigator
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Robbery Division Captain
- John Doman as Dan Latimer
- Leslie Ayvazian as Judge Susan Valdera
- Paul Reggio as Roy
- Tom Bloom as Andrew Garrick
- Gustave Johnson as Max
- Francesca Rizzo as Ruby Mazzanti
- Nicholas J. Giangiulio as Tony
- Kate Hampton as Younger Quaker
- Michael Marisi Ornstein as Harvey Denis
- Margaret Goodman as Older Quaker Woman
- "You prayed with your rapist!"
- – Elliot Stabler
- Elliot Stabler: Alright, we're going to talk to some of the detectives who originally investigates.
- Donald Cragen: Munch, that okay with you?
- John Munch: Sure, it'd be like visiting the Special Victims Unit alumni association. All the people that used to sit at these desks. Where are they now?
Background information and notes Edit
- The statute of limitations is a legislative act restricting the time within which legal proceedings may be brought, usually to a fixed period after the occurrence of the events that gave rise to the cause of action. Such statutes are enacted to protect persons against claims made after evidence has been lost, memories have faded, or witnesses have disappeared. The periods prescribed for different actions in different jurisdictions vary considerably. (source = Britannica)
- The opening credits for this episode have been changed to include Michelle Hurd.
- This is the first appearance of Peter Francis James as Judge Kevin Beck. He would play this role for a total of five episodes in the first and second seasons. James also appeared in episodes from Law & Order and Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- This is also the first appearance of Harvey Atkin as Judge Alan Ridenour. Atkin appeared as the same character in two episodes from Law & Order: Criminal Intent.
- Actress Leslie Ayvazian appears for the first time as Judge Susan Valdera. Ayvazian played the same character on Law & Order, and appeared throughout the Law & Order franchise in different roles.
Episode scene cards Edit
Eastern Health Services
The Ten Thirteen
71st Street Meeting House
| Previous episode:|
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
| Next episode:|