|←||L&O, Episode 10.10||→|
|Production number: E1115|
First aired: 5 January 2000
| Written By|
A school bully is accused of killing a classmate. The killer's father is found to have helped foster his son's violent behavior, so the DA's office charges him with murder on account of depraved indifference. At trial, the killer, John's mother decides to cooperate to save her other son from becoming a killer as well. When the judge refuses to declare a mistrial, John's mother promised to testify against her husband if they cut a deal with her son. John eventually confessed, showing remorse for his actions and is offered a deal of first degree manslaughter with a sentence of ten to twenty years in prison. McCoy offers the father a deal of second degree manslaughter with a sentence of two to six years, threatening to go to the jury otherwise. With pressure from McCoy, John, his wife and his own attorney, the father agrees to the deal. His wife later serves him with a divorce.
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Angie Harmon as A.D.A. Abbie Carmichael
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
- Julie Boyd as Sandra Telford
- Blanca Camacho as Rachel Shapiro
- John Carter as Judge Harlan Newfield
- Michael G. Chin as Park Ho Lee
- Robert Clohessy as Robert Telford
- George G. Colucci as Mr. Schmidt
- Ned Eisenberg as James Granick
- Jan Leslie Harding as Vicki Velardi
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- James Huang as Officer Chang
- Adam LeFevre as Barry Clayton
- Max Ligosh as Ryan Velardi
- Merritt Nelson as Mrs. Skinner
- Duane Noch as Oliver Peltz
- Steve Pickering as Roger Coven
- Jacob Pitts as John Telford
- Linda Powell as Emily Watson
- Michael Rivera as Terry Sanchez
- Larry Sherman as Judge Colin Fraser
- Isiah Whitlock Jr. as Fred Oakes
- Adam Zolotin as Ricky Velardi
- Becca Lish as Lorraine
- Ron McClary as Lomardi
- Clark Middleton as Ellis
- Tyler Francavilla as Eddie
- Paz de la Huerta as Chloe
- Chad Aaron as Eric
- Lennie Briscoe: Where's your son's bedroom?
- Sandra Telford: John's doing his homework.
- Lennie Briscoe: Police. Unlock the door, John. Bust it.
- Sandra Telford: Please don't hurt him.
- Robert Telford: Don't say a word, John.
- Lennie Briscoe: Homework, huh? Biker Sluts Rock Vegas. Must be the new math.
- Ed Green: No place like home.
- Robert Telford: He's a teenage boy.
- Lennie Briscoe: Oh yeah? What's this, a zit remover?
- Adam Schiff: This teenager commits the perfect crime.
- Jack McCoy: I know, it's hard to believe. C.S.U. luminoled every conceivable spot in the Telfords' building and didn't find a drop of blood.
- Abbie Carmichael: We have the Splatter games, the violent behavior, the illegal weapons, but there's no way to get it in.
- Adam Schiff: Where'd he get the weapons?
- Abbie Carmichael: Mail order. Paid for with his father's credit card.
- Adam Schiff: Kid gets off, the father buys the son a bazooka...Charge the father.
- Abbie Carmichael: With providing the instrumentality?
- Adam Schiff: With murder.
- Adam Schiff: What did Potter Stewart say about pornography?
- Jack McCoy: "I can't define what it is, but I know it when I see it".
- Jack McCoy: How did he clean up all that blood?
- Abbie Carmichael: He got an A in Home Ec?
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards
Jameson High School
District Attorney's Office
| Previous episode:|
| "Loco Parentis"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|