|←||CI, Episode 3.11||→|
|Production number: E4514|
First aired: 11 January 2004
| Teleplay By|
Jim Sterling & René Balcer
Main cast Edit
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames (credit only)
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins
- Courtney B. Vance as A.D.A. Ron Carver
Guest cast Edit
- Jude Ciccolella as Perry Powell
- Suzzanne Douglass as Karen Watkins
- José Ramón Rosario as Diego Bracho
- Leslie Hendrix as Dr. Elizabeth Rodgers
- Samantha Buck as Detective G. Lynn Bishop
- Kevin Phillips as Ben Watkins
- John Krasinski as Jace Gleesing
- Clifton Oliver as Kyle Davis
- Malcolm Goodwin as Elvin Fergin
- Thomas Jefferson Byrd as Curtis Romney
- Cortez Nance Jr. as Demario Fergin
- Richard V. Licata as Rolf Withers
- Esau Pritchett as Steve Rutherford
- Thea Vidale as Crystal Fergin
- Henry Afro-Bradley as Mr. Edwards
- Franklin Martin as Bob Woods
- Kevin Alexander as Detective Glenn
- Venida Evans as Mrs. Rankin
- Frduah Boateng as Freddy
- Antoine Orr as Dave
- Daryl Mitchell as Player in Wheelchair
- Rosa Arredondo as Advertising Executive
- Luis Da Silva Jr. as Marvin
- Louis Martinez as Nate
- Jim Devoti as Dave's Buddy
- Reginald Footman as Player
- Carlos Franco as Corey
- Matthew J. Pellowski as Basketball Player (uncredited)
- Goren: He taught social sciences at I.S. 44, 15 years ago.
- Bishop: In the Bronx. Should have been enough excitement for two lifetimes.
- "Convenience store. A gun's practically standard equipment."
- – James Deakins
- Perry Powell: You played?
- Robert Goren: Yeah. High school.
- Perry Powell: In the city? Maybe I saw you play.
- Robert Goren: No. I didn't stick with it.
- Perry Powell: Ah. Maybe with the right encouragement.
- "I know this guy. He's a lonely man with a shot at happiness. He's gonna fight for it."
- – Robert Goren
- Perry Powell: Does he always beat around the bush?
- Robert Goren: I can be direct. You're divorced. You got no kids. And basketball is pretty much it for you, Coach. You haven't won a championship in the last seven years. You might be hungry for a big win to cap your career. Hungry enough to go into business with Curtis Romney?
- Perry Powell: I can be direct, too. I see a problem with authority figures. You defy them. You disrespect them. But the truth is, you're intimidated by them. It's the mark of a boy with an indifferent father. His absence took the joy out of playing basketball.
- Goren: Picket-fence play. Four players in a row, fifth dribbles behind. It's old school.
- Bishop: Everything about Powell's old school. I think he stopped buying jackets when Wilt Chamberlain retired.
- "What kind of an athlete lies to make himself look bad?"
- – James Deakins
- "Look, you shouldn't lose everything because you tried to help this kid. You know, when my father died, he had just enough money to, uh, cover his own funeral. That shouldn't happen to you."
- – Robert Goren
- Goren: You know how to pick 'em, Coach.
- Powell: Now, you go ahead, Goren. You get it all out, all that defiance.
- Goren: You see that? His understanding of what makes a young man tick...it's like a gift.
Background information and notes Edit
- This is actress Samantha Buck's last appearance as Detective G. Lynn Bishop.
- Actress Kathryn Erbe doesn't appear as Detective Alexandra Eames in this episode.
| Previous episode:|
| "Mad Hops"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|