|←||CI, Episode 6.04||→|
|Production number: 06006|
First aired: 10 October 2006
| Written By|
The investigation into the murder of a much-lauded fireman sparks trouble between the NYPD and the FDNY.
The murder of a fireman, stabbed 22 times, ends up in a brawl between NYPD and FDNY, leading to a hearing before the Commissioner for Logan and Wheeler, and a possible repeat killer. The storyline arcs back to the fight as Logan and Wheeler retell their story to the Commissioner, giving perspective to the fight and underlying issues between the NYPD and the FDNY. The brawl proves to be a red herring and it appears the crime was perpetrated by a possible repeat killer when an identical murder twelve years prior comes to light. Questions arise concerning the victim's sexual orientation, followed by an official inquiry and a secret involving his wife, a colleague, and a hate crime someone else confesses to.
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Julianne Nicholson as Detective Megan Wheeler
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross
- Geoffrey Nauffts as Brendan Keele
- Nina Siemaszko as Claudia Duffy
- Chance Kelly as Charlie Hugo
- Julito McCullum as Darnell Thomson
- Neal Jones as Chief of Detectives Bradshaw
- Rocco Sisto as Police Commissioner Fahey
- Kaitlin Hopkins as Mrs. Hoffman
- Jason Pendergraft as Ian Duffy
- Dennis Paladino as Detective Steve Grubman
- Rosalyn Coleman as Mrs. Thomson
- Clayton Dean Smith as Phillip Geraldson
- Cameron Folmar as Henry Davis
- Neal Benari as Health Commissioner Owens
- T.J. Allen as James Decker
- Rodney Henry as Ty Thomson
- Robert Scott Daye as Chantuse Johnson
- Zach Wegner as Sean
- Brendan Griffin as Mikey
- Brett Coady as Bar Patron (uncredited)
- Vince Cupone as Fireman (uncredited)
- Thelma Gutiérrez as Protester (uncredited)
- Michael McDerman as Drag Queen #1 (uncredited)
Background information and notes
The Ledger cover says NYPD vs NYFD Smackdown!
The brawl is the first non-lethal fight on CI.
Prior to this episode, Megan Wheeler had never gone before the Police Commissioner in a hearing.
| Previous episode:|
| "Maltese Cross"|
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
| Next episode:|