|"Married with Children"|
|←||L&O, Episode 14.13||→|
|Production number: E4315|
First aired: 4 February 2004
| Written By|
Wendy Battles & William N. Fordes
The death of a woman who fell from a hotel balcony leads to a case involving a lesbian couple and a state law banning gay adoption.
Main cast Edit
- Jerry Orbach as Detective Lennie Briscoe
- Jesse L. Martin as Detective Ed Green
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Lieutenant Anita Van Buren
- Sam Waterston as Executive A.D.A. Jack McCoy
- Elisabeth Röhm as A.D.A. Serena Southerlyn
- Fred Dalton Thompson as D.A. Arthur Branch
Recurring cast Edit
- Peter McRobbie as Judge Walter Bradley
- David Rosenbaum as Judge Alan Berman
- Liz Larsen as CSU Technician Jessica Reed
Guest cast Edit
- Patrick Breen as Kevin Hobart
- Olivia Crocicchia as Sophie Winslow
- Elizabeth Franz as Alison Bishop
- Lucinda Jenney as Renee Bishop
- Georgina Corbo as Lorena Lorca
- Fulani Hart as Shawn Beatty
- Richard Hirschfeld as M.E. Brody
- Jurian Hughes as Susan Roberts
- Carol Linnea Johnson as Lynn Mills
- Eva Kaminsky as Gretchen Goldsmith
- Kendra Leigh Landon as Alicia Parsons
- Lucy Martin as Vera Winslow
- Trish McCall as Nancy Shapiro
- Shawn McLean as Julius West
- David Toney as Ian Wrightsman
- Patrick Tovatt as Paul Winslow
- Tim Miller as Charlie the Clerk
- Douglas McInnis as Uniform Officer #1
- Robert Gerard Larkin as Uniform Officer #2
- Sarah Knapp as Jury Foreperson
- Patrick Frederic as Doorman
- Dwayne Grayman as Driver
- Spencer Chandler as Desk Clerk
- Elizabeth Chiang as Woman
- Timothy Britten Parker as Forensics Expert
- Lisa Winslow (victim)
- Kansas City, Missouri
- Phillidelphia, Pennsylvania
- Social Services
- Don't ask, don't tell
- Roe v. Wade
- Officer: White female, late 30's. People who live in the garden apartment found her. The guy's half in the bag.
- Lennie Briscoe: The early bird catches the hangover.
- Officer: Detectives, this is Ian Wrightsman, the manager of the hotel.
- Ian Wrightsman: How can I help you?
- Ed Green: What can you tell us about the upper floors, the ones with the balconies?
- Ian Wrightsman: Those are our executive suites.
- Lennie Briscoe: So much for the golden parachute.
- Alicia: I've never been with a celebrity before.
- Lennie Briscoe: So how long were you two... kickin' it?
- Ed Green: I'm glad I never had kids.
- Lennie Briscoe: Oh, it's a mixed bag. They're not all like Alicia. (pause) Some are worse.
- Jack McCoy: You grabbed Sophie and ran, yes or no?
- Renee Bishop: How could I abduct my own child? If anyone's guilty of kidnapping, it was Lisa.
- Jack McCoy: Should Renee Bishop be able to adopt a child with her lover, get married and raise a family? That question is for another court on another day, Mr. Hobart.
- Kevin Hobart: That day is coming soon.
- Jack McCoy: Offer stands, she can shave 10 years off her sentence.
- Kevin Hobart: She won't go for it. She'll try anything to stay in in her daughter's life.
- Jack McCoy: You're banking on the hope that there's a gay person on that jury.
- Kevin Hobart: I'm banking there's a parent.
- "Let 'em marry. Why shouldn't they be as miserable as the rest of us?"
- – Jack McCoy
- "I'd rather sit through an autopsy than go through that again."
- – Serena Southerlyn
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
| Previous episode:|
| "Married with Children"|
Law & Order
| Next episode:|