Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|←||L&O, Episode 2.06||→|
|Production number: 67410|
First aired: 29 October 1991
| Teleplay By|
Michael S. Chernuchin
Michael S. Chernuchin & Michael Duggan
The beating of a young pregnant woman leads to a miscarriage.
After being mugged, pregnant legal secretary Amy Newhouse has a miscarriage. Logan and Cerreta suspect that the mugging was not random, and that someone -- perhaps Amy, perhaps her boyfriend, cab driver Chris Baylor, or perhaps her boss, attorney David Alcott -- wanted the unborn baby dead. The problem: Can the D.A.'s office argue that the killing of an unborn baby qualifies as a murder?
Main cast Edit
- Paul Sorvino as Sergeant Phil Cerreta
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan
- Dann Florek as Captain Donald Cragen
- Michael Moriarty as Executive A.D.A. Benjamin Stone
- Richard Brooks as A.D.A. Paul Robinette
- Steven Hill as D.A. Adam Schiff
Recurring cast Edit
Guest cast Edit
- Molly Price as Amy Newhouse
- Reed Diamond as Christopher Baylor
- Stanley Anderson as Jerry Manley
- Gordana Rashovich as Miss Bayliss
- Nicolas Surovy as David Alcott
- William Jay Marshall as Judge Hollis Burton
- Rosemary De Angelis as Dr. Mishon
- Shirley Stoler as Charlie Maylen
- Yancy Butler as Beverly Kern
- Pat Hodges as Elaine Cowan
- Zina Jasper as Judge June Appel
- Len Gochman as Judge Gillion
- Jane Hoffman as Mrs. Fisher
- Neal Jones as Ray
- Ronnie Farer as Mrs. Marty Alcott
- Robert Levine as Dr. Bernard Gluck
- John Di Benedetto as O'Malley
- Kristine Nielsen as Marcia Caine
- Rick Zieff as Dr. Cohen
- Joe Perce as Schuman
- James Georgiades as Dosso
- Rod McLachlan as Paramedic
- Sally Chamberlin as Forewoman
- Raye Dowell as Secretary
- Jay Spadaro as Bailiff
- Peggy Flood as unknown
"You want a jury to ignore the evidence."
"No, Chris and Amy want the jury to look at the law. I’ll get the jury to look at Chris and Amy."
"The law’s supposed to be a shield, not a sword. They’re despicable, yes. But by letter of the law they’re not guilty."
"The legislature could never have conceived of anything like this, but wrong should not win by technicalities. You know that yourself."
"Get these bastards off the street. "
- - Adam Schiff and Benjamin Stone
"Hey, summer of ’82, I hacked part-time to pay tuition. Sometimes in the middle of the night, I’d get lonely, I’d park my cab in front of Janey Meyer’s house, leave the meter running, go inside, take care of business, pay the fare myself."
"Which would amount to what, about $2, $3?"
"Like going to Jersey and back!"
- - Mike Logan and Phil Cerreta
"I wouldn’t mess with me if I were you, Chris. By the time you see a dime, it won’t be worth a nickel."
- - Elaine Cowan
"Is this jealousy I'm hearing?"
"It's nausea. Ambulance chasing always brings that out in me."
"The public is all over us when a known killer walks on a techicality. I just flipped the coin. I let the jury use a technicality to convict."
- - Ben Stone
Background information and notes Edit
Background information and notes
Episode scene cards Edit
The Summit Hill Club
Office of Dr. Gluck
Office of Chief Assistant
| Previous episode:|
"God Bless the Child"
Law & Order
| Next episode:|
"In Memory Of..."